Saturday, June 19, 2021

Stitch-Con 2021 Day Three

Our final day at Stitch-Con. I made a second trip to Keepsakes on the Stitchy Bus. I love riding on that bus!

Here are a few snapshots of the inside of the shop. The shop is in what was once a home - it was a Sears Roebuck catalog mail order home. There are two main rooms downstairs and four rooms upstairs. Each room is jam-packed with models, both framed and soft finished to entice stitchers. Some of the rooms are themed: Spring, Christmas, Halloween, Patriotic, etc.







Back at the Convention Center we stitched and stitched and stitched. Here at Stitch-Con it’s customary for everyone who finishes a project to ring a bell announcing their finish and then everyone claps and cheers.

We had the good fortune of meeting a young, amazing and talented stitcher. She is on Flosstube under the channel name AlmondMnMs and her name is Yamira. She stitches everything over one. Wait for it…she stitches everything over one on 56 count. Only in my dreams would I be able to do that! Check out her flosstube sometime.


Tomorrow we fly home. We’re glad that things are starting to feel normal again. Grateful for the opportunity to attend Stitch-Con!


9 comments:

Barb said...

What a great way to spend a weekend!

Jane McLellan said...

Wonderful experience!

Marilyn said...

I could be in that store all day!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Thank you for sharing the pictures of Keepsakes! One day I would love to get there. I am glad that you were able to attend and had such a good time.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Oh wow! What a great weekend! I would love to go to Keepsakes one day (I'm about four hours away). Your pictures were wonderful and to see all the stitching....glorious! Glad you had such a wonderful time!

Khristine Doiron said...

Wow! Over one on 56ct?!!?! That would be amazing to see in person I'm sure. Glad you had such a fun weekend!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Was she interviewed by Jacob (Modern Folk Embroidery)

Toni said...

I was at Stitch Con B, too! I wish we had met. Isn't Brian just the best bus driver ever?!? I'm glad you had a great time!

Toni said...

I was at Stitch Con B, too! I wish we had met. Isn't Brian just the best bus driver ever?!? I'm glad you had a great time!