Saturday, April 01, 2006

House Themed Exchange

When I started blogging late last summer, I quickly became acquainted with Becky and her exchange boards. I watched and was amazed at some of the beautiful stitched pieces being exchanged from one stitcher to another. I wanted to receive beautiful gifts like these too, but I was really scared that I might not be able to produce gifts equally as nice (my finishing experience is quite limited!) In January, I finally bit the bullet and joined two of Becky's exchange boards - the Stitching Bloggers Exchange Board and the Exchange Place.

Recently, the deadline passed for one of the exchanges I signed up for - the house themed exchange. The instructions were to stitch a house with a Spring theme and plant some flowers around it. Finishing instructions were stitcher's choice.

When I returned from my short vacation today, a package was waiting for me from Nancy in San Diego. She stitched a lovely pillow for me. The design is from a Darlene O'Steen sampler called "House Sampler". I love the colors and the fabric she used to frame the piece (it's a sampler fabric!) Along with her stitching she sent a notepad and some DMC floss. I'm just thrilled with this first exchange gift! Thank you Nancy!

Front of pillow:



Back of pillow:



While I was away, Laurie in Decorah received the house I stitched for her. I based my design on the Drawn Thread design "No Place Like Home" (with some modifications of course!)




This first exchange has been a great experience!

11 comments:

KarenV said...

Cathy, both exchanges are gorgeous! You do beautiful work and the pillow from Nancy is fabulous too. Congratulations on your first successful exchange.

Stephanie said...

They're are both beautiful! I think you both did a fabulous job.

zoeandcooper said...

What great exchanges! I am glad your first exchange was such a success!

BeckySC said...

Absolutely gorgeous exchanges! You did an AWESOME job with your first exchange! Congratulations :)

Thank you so much for your email -you are a dear friend :)

hugs :)

Nicki said...

Aren't exchanges great! Your Drawn Thread exchange is beautiful and the pillow from Nancy is gorgeous too! :)

Lelia said...

Very nice! You did a wonderful job on the house you sent to Laurie. Nancy made a nice pillow, too. Aren't houses fun : )

Lisa said...

Both exchanges are beautiful. After looking at your blog, I can't imagine that you ever worried. Your stitching is gorgeous.

Laurie said...

Thanks again for stitching such a lovely pillow for me! Your exchange from Nancy looks great too.

Isabelle said...

Those are both great exchanges! I love exchanges as well :) You did a great job with yours and were equally spoiled! :)

Jenna said...

Worried about your finishing... pshaw! You shouldn't doubt yourself so much. :) Your exchange turned out beautifully and you received a lovely gift from Nancy in return!

AnneS said...

Great exchanges, both received and given - you did a great job! :D You didn't need to worry at all ... but I know what you mean, I'm going through a bit of that myself for my first exchange ever ... :D