First of all, thank you for your comments to my "dilemma". I appreciate your honesty. Knowing that others have experienced this too makes me feel better. I think I've decided to start over - I'd like to do it on 36 count with one strand of floss over two - I'm going to check my fabric stash first.
Last week you saw that I received my Quaker Exchange from Becky. Coincidentally, I also had Becky's name and so I was stitching my gift for her! I was a tad bit nervous - not only was the first time I had ever stitched a Quaker motif, but it would also be the first time I had tried one of the required finishes. My motif was taken from the Beatrix Potter Sampler (which I had purchased a few weeks ago after seeing it on several blogs). This particular motif had "bees" incorporated in the design (appropriate for Becky - don't you think?)
We were to use purple fabric - I chose lavender bliss (32 ct Belfast) and use purple or yellow threads. I broke the rules a little bit - when I saw this Needle Necessities overdyed it was perfect for the fabric, so you'll see some pink, green and blue too. (Hopefully Becky will get a better picture of it - the fabric looks pink in my photos!)
We could finish as a scissors fob, needle book or a pinkeep. The design was too big for a scissors fob, so I decided to take a shot at the pinkeep. I followed Karen's directions posted on the SBEBB and they were quite easy to follow. I was quite pleased with my final project and Becky indicated that she was delighted with it!
(Becky- there's one pattern in this photo that you didn't receive because it didn't fit in the box. It's coming to you later this month!)