Monday, April 10, 2006

Lucky Me!

Look what I received in the mail today from Becky:




Becky received my name for the Quaker Exchange on the Exchange Place EZ-board. We had to stitch a quaker design on lavender linen with purple/yellow threads. Becky finished it off with some coordinating purple/yellow fabric into a needlebook. Isn't it lovely?

The special handmade gift from Becky was more than enough - yet she also sent me a Kreinik kit "Because Nice Matters" (I'll enjoy testing out those silk threads!) and sampler key chain designs from Milady's Needle. The Busy Bee self-stick notes will remind me of Becky each time I use them and I think the mini memo pad might be just right for making notes on stash to be purchased. I'm touched by Becky's generosity!

I'm in the process of putting the final touches on my Quaker exchange gift for ??? (can't tell - it's a secret). Hopefully by the weekend I'll be able to post an update on my project!

9 comments:

Von said...

Lucky girl, indeed!! What a beautiful gift from Becky. :D

mainely stitching said...

What a lovely gift exchange!! And so perfect for you!

Susimac said...

Oh boy you are lucky what a lovely exchange.

Leeland said...

This is all so nice!
Lucky you! I definitely like this stitched piece!
Take care!

Lelia said...

OH -- how pretty! Wonderful exchange. You are the lucky stitcher today : )

Looking forward to seeing what you cooked up for your exchange piece.

Kitty Couture said...

Wow! Becky's needlebook is simply exquisite! And what great, thoughtful goodies as well. I can't wait to see what you are stitching!

Lelia said...

Enjoy your holiday week-end : ) I FINALLY got my Gameboard pattern in the mail ... and have zero time to even look at it.

More soon. Happy Easter

Anne S said...

What a great exchange from Becky - she does the most amazing exchanges ... and all the goodies that came with it are lovely too :) Way to go! :D

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful! I'm glad that you received from Becky, as you deserve to be spoiled. :)