Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thanks to all who have visited my blog recently - and thanks to those who have left comments!

Cindy - the Hardanger hear scissors fob is an adaptation of a pattern from Pure Heart Designs (Lacy Bookmarks I). There were a series of five hearts that made a bookmark. I just took one of the five hearts to make the scissors fob. Thanks for asking!

Today was a great mail day. As I pulled into the driveway I could see a box sitting on the chair next to the front door. It was a teal colored box, so I knew immediately that it was from Myrna (Myrna had posted a picture of the box on her blog!) This was for the Grab Bag Exchange on the U.S. Exchange Board. Myrna went all out - the theme was "blue" and everything was packed in a blue bag. There were beads, a scissors, Silkweaver fabric, a candle, some chocolates, blue DMC floss, Homespun Elegance pattern, Blueberry lotion - oh my gosh, the list goes on and on. Thanks Myrna - you are awesome! Here's a picture:



As long as I had the camera out, I took a picture of the Hardanger valance I stitched a few years ago. It hangs on the window over my kitchen sink:



Tonight I went to my LNS for a stitch-in. I rarely have time to do this since Thursday nights I'm usually at choir practice - our director and his wife are adopting a baby from Russia and so all choir rehearsals are cancelled until September! I stitched the scissors fob to go along with Apricot Elegance. I hope to finish the fob this weekend!

Take care everyone!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cathy, that valance is stunning! Wow, what a gorgeous piece!

Your parcel from Myrna is amazing, chock-full of goodies. I'm sure you'll enjoy them all!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Myrna spoiled you quite nicely. :) I had to take a close look at the picture to see everything she jammed into the goody bag. How wonderful!

And your valance? Need I even say it? I am in awe of your hardanger skills. I have not yet had the courage to actually stitch the curtains I want to do for our reading room. Maybe someday I'll be able to get enough courage from your incredible work! :)

Have a great weekend, Cathy!

Myrna said...

glad you liked the package. :-)

It was fun putting it together for you.

Your valance is stunning!!

Kim said...

What a nice gift, love all the contents of the grab bag. :D

The curtains are gorgeous! Wow! You made those? That's fantastic, you did a great job. :D

Leeland said...

What a lovely parcel!
I am very impressed at your valance! It's a work of art!
Well done!

Anonymous said...

Your hardanger valance is awesome. How great it must be to get to look at that beautiful valance on a daily basis.

BeckySC said...

Cathy, you are so awesome! WOW, What a beautiful valance! You should be so proud!! WOW!!

Love that you were so spoiled by Myrna :) Makes me smile :) :) :)

Have a great weekend my friend :)

Lisa said...

How much fun to see the box and recognize it and then to have it so full of fun stuff!

That valance is amazing.

Susimac said...

You were really nicely spoiled, your exchange box is lovely.

WOW is all I can say about your valance its beautiful

mainely stitching said...

Your valance is amazing!!! And that's a great blue grab bag!

Von said...

Your grab bag from Myrna is truly amazing! Lots and lots of things to enjoy for a long time. :D
How wonderful to have that gorgeous valance to admire every day. It's definitely inspirational to all of us.

Lelia said...

Hi Cathy:

Wonderful 'blue' gift from Myrna : ) I saw the box on her blog, too.

The kitchen curtain is beautiful!! Wow!! You are a talented stitcher.

Hope you enjoyed your stitch-in at the LNS. I am going to see some friends on Saturday for a mailart workshop ... know how much fun getting together for stitching & chatting can be.

Put up a pic of the game board sampler start. I enjoyed those cutie house motifs. Funness