Sunday, February 19, 2012

Conquering the Bottomless Basket of Smalls

I am determined in 2012 to finish up many of the kitted smalls that I have collected over the years. Remember this basket?



So far, I'm on track; I finished the stitching on two smalls from this basket in January and now two more in February! Yesterday I had time to "finish" them.

One of the smalls I stitched up in January was the Shepherd's Bush fob for 2011. Love the red color of the linen! I used two strands of floss for my stitching. Here she is all finished up - first the front side and then the back side.




Another stitching finish from January was this LHN small from the pattern "Fresh From the Garden." All I had to do was blind stitch this design to the already finished needlebook from Impie, Hattie and Bea. Easy peasy.



My two February smalls are from Shakespeare's Peddler. You saw Ole Pincushion on February 12 post. When I was in Virginia Beach last fall for the Dyeing to Stitch retreat, I picked up this kitted pincushion from Theresa. It's called Patience Pincushion and it came with the JABCO pins. Her model was finished in a frame but I finished mine as a little pillow. Gotta love that hand-dyed chenille trim!


Patience Pincushion
Shakespeare's Peddler
Kit - 32 count linen, silk threads


I have one more finish from this basket which I will share with you in my next post. I think I'm making good progress though on the basket, do you agree? Now I just have to stop adding to it, right? :)

Have a great day! Happy Stitching!

17 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Beautiful little stitches. I love the smalls. They make such a lovely finish and don't take months and months.
I think you are making wonderful progress.

Deb said...

Great work on those smalls. I love them. And I love your idea of putting them all together in a basket so you're reminded you have them. I should so that and pull one out once in a while. Seeing results like yours spurs me to do that.

Mrs. DillyDally said...

I'm impressed with your progress...your projects...and your finishing skills! I have cross-stitched projects just waiting for me to finish them...but not sure how! Your projects encourage me to try! Thanks!

Hazel said...

Wow that's amazing progress. I love all your finishes. x

connie said...

lovely finishes

Unknown said...

All three are very cute!! Congrats on thinning out your basket. However, you really don't ever want it to get empty, do you???

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Wonderful finishes, Cathy! I think they'll look great all together in a basket. You do such nice work!

Laurie in Iowa said...

They all look fabulous. Your finishing is just wonderful.

Margaret said...

You're doing great with conquering the smalls! I love all the ones you've finished. Great finishing and great stitching too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your progress. You inspire us all.

Ellen said...

Beautiful stitching and finishing! Great progress on your smalls! I love smalls, they are easy and fast to stitch!

Hugs,

Natasha said...

gGreat finishes so far!! Keep upthe good work :)

Ranae said...

Your doing awesome
And your smalls are fantastico
Ilove the fibers you chose for them

CJ in OK ;-) said...

It looks like you are getting more done than you adding to it so that's headway. All cute finishing, congrats. CJ in OK ;-)

Shirlee said...

Great finishes! Congratulations! Blessings, Shirlee

valerie said...

Great job on your smalls goal! These are so cute and will look wonderful in your basket.

Andrea said...

Beautiful stitching.