Thursday, February 23, 2012

Trifle From a Friend

As mentioned a few blog posts ago, I recently participated in a Red Exchange with some friends on the Friends Through Threads blog. I really wasn't sure about participating, I was really enjoying stitching without deadlines! Knowing how the package I sent brightened Hazel's day reminded me of just how good it feels to give to others, and yesterday, I was reminded of how wonderful it feels to receive something that was stitched especially for you by a friend!

Suzanne received my name and she stitched this lovely pinkeep for me. The design, Trifle From a Friend, is from Plum Street Samplers (a freebie that was offered on her blog awhile ago.) What is particularly special to me is that the entire design is stitched over one - no one appreciates the work that goes into over one stitching more than one! (My friends will confirm that I only do over one when I have to and I do it kicking and screaming all the way!) Suzanne stitched and finished it perfectly and her gift will sit in a place of honor in my stitching room! Thank you Suzanne!



Trifle From a Friend
Plum Street Samplers
28ct ecru linen
GAST Raspberry Parfait
Stitched and finished by Suzanne!

15 comments:

Vickie said...

How very pretty Cathy. I personally love to stitch things over one. I kinda like miniature and small finishes. :) I just started a new blog 2 days ago if you care to have a look. http://astitchersstory.blogspot.com/

Shirlee said...

I love that! I am going to see if I can track down that pattern somewhere : ) Blessings, Shirlee

Shirlee said...

Oh yes-yes-yes! Here's the design right here ...

http://plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com/plum_street_samplers/2009/07/thank-you.html

And not only that, the site has oodles of freebies!

http://plumstreetsamplers.typepad.com/plum_street_samplers/freebie/

Blessings,
Shirlee

JillMN said...

Very nice! It is beautiful!

Laurie in Iowa said...

Beautiful... and a very special gift indeed when stitched over one.

Katrina said...

What a pretty pinkeep!!!! Love it :-).

Giovanna said...

Beautiful gift - great stitching by Suzanne!

marly said...

What a treasure, just beautiful. Love her thread choice, too. I'm with you on over one and avoid it as much as possible!

Penny said...

What a beautiful pinkeep! I'm with you on the over 1 stitching, but I do admire those who choose to do it. :) Suzanne did a beautiful job!

Margaret said...

What a lovely exchange piece you received! Very appropriate!

Gems said...

Oh isn't that a lovely little gift to receive, and a lovely verse

Gem x

http://stitchinggems.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

What a lovely gift! Over one is just not going to be in my lifetime, but I sure am impressed when I see it!

Lynn said...

Beautifully stitched! Suzanne did a marvellous job on her exchange.

msmartello said...

Wow! You've been busy. I don't believe it has been that long since i have looked at your blog. My goodness!! What a great gift you recived from your exchange. Also i can't believe you have sent out your PIF's. You are putting me to shame. i better get to work on those, huh!

Maureen

Andrea said...

A lovely exchange piece from Suzanne.