Sunday, February 12, 2012

Just a Quickie...

...quick post because I'm watching the Grammy Awards!

It's been a productive weekend. Finished an exchange which you'll see a picture of in a week or so; once it is received. Assembled several pincushions using my mom's tatting (many of these are gifts too), and stitched and finished a small from that basket of smalls that I am determined to conquer this year!

I don't know why it's taken me so long to stitch and finish this wee little pincushion! It's "Ole Pincushion" from Shakespeare's Peddler. It's mounted inside an old zinc jar lid. Quick, easy, finished! I opted not to put trim around the design.



Ole Pincushion
Shakespeare's Peddler
32 ct Belfast Black
DMC Threads

And...pincushions..I just love these bright colors! My mom did the tatting, and now that her arm is feeling better, she's been tatting more regularly.



Well, gotta run...back to the Grammy's!

16 comments:

Margaret said...

Love the pincushion! It's lovely! And your mom's work combined with yours is great!

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Your mother's tatted pincushions are wonderful...they warm the heart! Keep dillydallying with your mom...treasured moments!

Unknown said...

I love your stitched pincushion - it is a real cutie! The pincushions you have made from your Mom's tatting are fantastic! I am going to learn how to do that someday....

Hazel said...

Love your finish and the pincushions your mum made are gorgeous. I love your mum's tatting. x

Chris said...

Beautiful.
Glad to hear that your Mom is doing well!

barbara said...

Gorgeous, Cathy!

Shirlee said...

Very pretty! Blessings, Shirlee

Lynn said...

Your pincushion is lovely Cathy! Your mother's tatting is so very colourful. Very cheerful to look at! I don't know of anyone around here who does this needlework. Does your mom sell any of her work?

Lelia said...

beautiful stitching - and the finishing into pincushion is wonderful. (awww ... tatting is great on the pincushions)

Blu said...

Cute finish!

Your mum's tatting is just gorgeous! The pincushions are really cute.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Darling pincushion! Your mom's pieces are really fun and cheery!

Katrina said...

Glad your mom is feeling better!!! Your pin cushion is so sweet :-).

Siobhán said...

Sweet finish! Beautiful pincushions.

Karoline said...

All the pincushions are lovely, congratulations

Sherri said...

Love your tatted pincushions. Do you sell them? I would love to own one as they are beautiful.

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Oh, I love these with the tatting. CJ in OK ;-)