Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Valentine's Day exchange from Gabi

Gabi received my name for the HoE Valentine's Day exchange and look what arrived in my mailbox yesterday! The designs are taken from the "Valentine Wishes" chart from Blue Ribbon Designs, and she stitched this on 28ct hand dyed Jobelan in the color Watercress. She used the recommended Sampler Threads.

Her finish is called a "fold up." This is a new technique that was created by Judy Odell. There are two sides to the design -- it's really cool. To see another picture of a fold up that Gabi made, go here.



Gabi included some other goodies - one in particular I must share with you. My daughter was about to make off with this "box of chocolates" until she realized that it was a perpetual calendar! LOL (Gabi said that her daughter also thought it was chocolates until she took a closer look at it - LOL!)

Wonderful exchange - thanks so much Gabi!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous exchange! I love the finishing, very clever.

Unknown said...

That needlework bag is absolutely beautiful! Lucky you! That perpetual calendar is darling! :-)

Lisa said...

The chocolates do look good enough to eat. What a great exchange!

Becky K in OK said...

What a fantastic exchange piece. So pretty. I've never seen that type of perpetual calendar.

Coral said...

That's a really nifty finishing technique! I still haven't dared a flat-fold, so a fold-up seems very daunting!

Theresa said...

Gorgeous exchange!!!!
I thought that was real chocolates as well!!!

Melissa said...

Beautiful exchange. I completely passed over that finishing method in TGOS that month. It's great! I also love the calendar. I thought the chocolate was real too.

Gabi said...

I'm so glad you like the Fold Up. It was a pleasure stitching it for you. :)

Kathy A. said...

That is just so beautiful!! It is so well stitched and finished.
And that calendar - love it!

Lelia said...

Very nice exchange!!!

Anonymous said...

What a neat exchange! I've never seen a fold up before. What a cool idea!

Brigitte said...

Wow, I love this flatfold. It's so beautifully stitched and finished. Enjoy your chocolates, lol.

Cindy F. said...

What a beautiful exchange from Gabi!! Her finish is amazing!

Andrea said...

A wonderful exchange. The calendar is so clever.

Siobhán said...

What a fun exchange! The finishing is so clever!

Marie said...

That is such a clever finish and a beautiful design. Great exchange!

Sharon said...

Beautiful flat fold!