Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Classes with Catherine

I was really looking forward to this weekend as I had not taken any classes with Catherine Theron before. We had the opportunity to meet her on Friday for a "stitching day" with the rest of the class participants; our classes were on Saturday and Sunday. I really like both of these projects...


...but I think I will be finishing A Stitcher's Envelope first. The second piece, Alphabet Primer Pocket is solid stitching over one. I'm not as intimidated by over one as I used to be, but it will take me longer!

Catherine was thrilled to see our finished Quaker Sewing Rolls. I think the greatest compliment we can give a designer is to actually stitch and finish their class pieces!


Yesterday was a travel day for us. We still managed to fit in a little stash enhancing. We stopped at Lynn's in Madison...


...and Witchery Stitchery in Mt. Horeb...


And then finished our day at our local guild's stash reallocation sale! Whew, I'm tired!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

The Inspired Stitcher said...

What a fun day! I agree, finishing a designer's piece like that and showing it off is a lot of fun.

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Classes with a designer ... road trip with friends ... and shop hopping! A little slice of heaven here on earth!

KimM said...

What a GLORIOUS day!!!
hugs
xxx

Kay said...

Sounds like a fabulous day!

llknbillburg said...

Wow! That looks like it was a fabulous trip!! How lucky your are to have friends to go on adventures with!!! Laura

Margaret said...

Both are wonderful projects! Love the Quaker sewing rolls all lined up too!

Annette-California said...

Beautiful projects! And such a fabulous day. Those Quaker sewing rolls are stunning.
love Annette

woolwoman said...

beautiful quaker sewing rolls and love the class pieces. Glad you had a great time on your adventure
Mel

Andrea said...

Sounds a busy but a fabulous day.

Marie said...

I took Catherine's Quaker Sewing Rolls class at Celebration of Needlework (not sure which year) and it was wonderful as was she. Love that design and look forward to putting the last stitch in.