Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Reason for the Weekend

Finally, wrapping up last weekend's trip report. Our reason for traveling to the Chicago area was to take a Betsy Morgan class with the Lake Michigan Sampler Guild. The project was Betsy's Elizabethan Casket (google it or go to her blog for a picture.). We completed one of the smalls that goes in the casket. It's a little bag- you could put a thimble or some buttons in it. It was a great class and I look forward to working more on this project!





Since arriving home, I managed to finish the top for my Shepherd's Fold project. Yesterday, I "finished" finished it!


A couple of my friends and I found some coordinating fabric and decided to put a padded bottom in the box.


Now I'll need to get the fob finished. Looking forward to seeing what the next installment is going to be!

Happy Stitching!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

11 comments:

Jeanne said...

I'm envious of all your wonderful stitching trips and fun classes Cathy. My life is incredibly busy these days with work and family demands but someday I hope I have more time for my hobby.

Your SB box looks lovely - congrats on another wonderful finish!

marly said...

Love the little bag and your finishing on the box is perfect. Very nice!

Lelia said...

Wonderful bag! And the SB box is too charming for words.

what beautiful projects.

Margaret said...

The class sounds wonderful. Love your SB box finish -- it's perfect!

Ann said...

You'll love having the casket finished with all the goodies that go inside! Your button bag looks fantastic.

Mrs. DillyDally said...

I sew enjoy your posts! Thank you!

Marilyn said...

What a cute little bag.
Your Fold looks great!
Love the little Sheep.
Marilyn

Andrea said...

Beautiful little bag. A lovely finish on the Fold too.

Sandra said...

Cathy, I love your SB Full Heart, I hope mine looks as good when I get my box. The link to your wish list in your profile does not seem to be working, but I did find your Pinterest album - if that is what it is called. We have so many likes in common and you even pinned a picture from my album - Lauren Sauer's Melon bag. Why is it that class pieces as so much more desirable than ordinary ones? I have something on your wish list from Pinterest if you want to get in touch. Sandra

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

I joined my first club this year am an loving it.

Attending classes is always a treat and jump start for the mojo

Catherine said...

A beautiful finish!