Sunday, June 01, 2014

Handmade and Oh So Cute!

Two weekends ago, I visited the Shepherds Harvest Festival that is held every Spring at a nearby county fairgrounds. It's a feast for the eyes...lots of color and texture- wool, yarn and everything in between. I usually buy some wool for making pincushions and some roving for filling the pincushions.

This year I came across a vendor that hand the most beautiful handmade little dolls and pincushions. This little Raggedy Ann doll just made me smile. She's only about 4 inches high. Her face is hand stitched.



I could not pass up on of the little bunnies. Note the hand stitching on her dress. And she has a packet of wildflower seeds in her little bag. The detail is amazing. This little bunny is also smaller than she appears; only about five inches from the top of her ears to her toes.



Finally, had to have this little mouse. Her reminded me of the mice from the little Beatrix Potter books I used to read to my children when they were small. Love the whiskers and the bow tie!



I'm in awe of the workmanship that went into making each of these cute little figures!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Adorable!

Barb said...

What cute little creatures!

Penny said...

They are so sweet! I love the little mouse. :)

Annette-California said...

So sweet and cute. I can see why they came home with you:)
love Annette

CJ said...

Very sweet. TFS.
CJ

Margaret said...

Love that little mouse!

Andrea said...

All of them are so sweet.