Monday, June 16, 2014

Detour!

Two days of classes with Catherine Theron...I promise a full report, but first we are going to take a slight detour!

We took time on Sunday to view a trunk show - yes, a stitcher's trunk show! My friend Chris brought some of her finished smalls with her. Put your seat belt on. Here we go...



Her completed Spring Fling retreat class project from The Drawn Thread...






This is a sampler from Stickideen von der Wiehenberger designs done on silk gauze...


Some C.A. Wells...


An Etui designed by Twisted Oaks...


Lots of beautiful things!








We are on our way home now. Hope to make it back in time to visit the St. Paul Needleworkers Garage Sale!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Gosh I love the little travelling purse! It's beautiful! Sounds like you are having a fab time :-)

KimM said...

Oh my goodness - WOW! These are amazing. I LOVE, LOVE smalls.
xxx

Margaret said...

Wow! So many beautiful pieces! Chris is a talented stitcher!

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Wow! Beautiful work! Leaves one breathless!

Von said...

Exquisite projects! What a treat for you to see them. :)

Paisley said...

How pretty!

Annette-California said...

I am in AWE! Does this Chris have a blog? The Sampler Book - I wonder who is the designer. So many projects I've not seen ever before.
Thank you for all the wonderful photos and what a great treat!
love Annette

Andrea said...

Wow, gorgeous pieces of needlework.

Melody said...

Beautiful pieces on display!

You will have to post about the St. Paul Needleworks sale if you make it there. It sounds intriguing.

Bekca said...

Goodness, all of the pieces are stunning!