Monday, July 21, 2008

Exchanges Sent & Received

After a relaxing weekend at the lake filled with stitching and playing cards, I'm back! Thanks to so many of you who commented about my "bad hair day" finish! It really was the only way to describe those wild, crazy ribbons!

Just before I left on Friday, the postman left a package in my mailbox. To my surprise it was my Summer House exchange from the SBEBB, and it was from Carol! I was delighted to see her name on the return address label. Look at this beauty that was wrapped up inside - the design is from The Drawn Thread and it is called Summer Scene. The pattern was in the August 2000 issue of Just Cross Stitch. Carol finished it as a mattress pincushion (her finishing is perfect!) She spoiled me with lots of goodies which I am grateful for. Carol, thank you so much - this was a wonderful surprise from you!



Today I received a note from Paula in Scotland that she received a little package over the weekend from me. I felt badly - you see, Paula had participated in a Valentine's Day exchange on the SBEBB this past winter. I'm not quite sure what happened to her exchange or the partner that was supposed to send it. We had good communication going back and forth, but no exchange ever materialized. I just don't like it when someone doesn't receive their exchange, so I needed to make this right; I'm only sorry that Paula had to wait so long. I stitched "Peace" one of the LHN/CC Thread Packs and finished it as a flange pillow (I'm kind of on a pillow kick lately!) My goodies were kind of sparse - some sampler fabric, DMC fibers, and a tin of chocolate (which didn't travel so well) but Paula tells me she's happy with everything just the same!


I'm working on exchanges that need to get out in the near future, so I hope to have more pictures for you soon. Hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

Lisa V said...

Hi Cathy, I am loving these flange pillows you have been making, do you know where I could find a tutorial on how to make them, I would love to give it a go?
LISA V

Anonymous said...

Lovely pillow Cathy! The fabric colours are so pretty with that design.

Nice exchange from Carol too :)

mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness, Cathy! What a wonderful exchange from Carol!

Your flange pillow is so absolutely perfect!

Carol said...

You are welcome Cathy - it was my pleasure to stitch this for you :-) Lovely replacement for Paula too - she must be thrilled! Got your email at bedtime last night, so will reply tonight!

staci said...

A lovely exchange from Carol, congrats!

How sweet of you to stitch a replacement exchange~~I love your flanged pillows, they're just wonderful!

Dani - tkdchick said...

That was so nice of you to stitch up a repalcement excahnge!

What a wonderful parcel from Carol!

glamlawlib said...

Love this little mattress pincushion from Carol and your flange pillow replacement :)

Carol R said...

Beautiful mattress pincushion from Carol. And how lovely of you to stitch for Paula - Peace is ery pretty

Stephanie said...

Love the mattress pincushion from Carol - it's a bit special getting something stitched from her isn't it :)

Love the flange pillow you made for Paula, it's really really gorgeous, and bless you for fulfilling someone else's stitching obligations - I'm sure Paula really appreciated it.

Rachel V said...

That was so sweet of you to help out Paula - and it is a lovely pillow! Great exchange from Carol, she sent you lots of fun things!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Carol did an amazing job and all the goodies too, lucky lady. So sweet of you to step in for Paula. Happy Stitching, CJ

Sharon said...

Both are gorgeous!

Marie said...

What a great exchange from Carol, that matress pincushion is beautiful.

Grrr...I hate to hear about exchanges that never got sent/received. It was so sweet of you to stitch such a wonderful replacement. I love the pillow and like Lisa, would like to know of a tutorial ???

Mama Joan said...

Cathy,

You need to check my blog.

Sonda said...

That DT design is so lovely! Your pillow is wonderful!

Michele said...

I always enjoy visiting your blog, checking out your new stash and seeing what your next project is.

I don't often leave comments on many blog, but I have nominated you for a Brillante Weblog Award.:)

Michele

Hazel said...

Beautiful exchange from Carol. She really spoiled you! Lovely gift you sent to Paula too. xx

nela said...

Congratulations is beautifull enchange

Jenna said...

I already drooled over the mattress pincushion that Carol sent to you via her blog, but it is really wonderful, all the same. She really stuffed the package full of goodies, didn't she? Wonderful! And you are so good at those flanged pillows, I am in awe of your skills.

Kim B said...

What a generous exchange! And the pillow is gorgeous!