Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Stitchers are Special People

If you stopped by my blog yesterday then you saw my reference to special surprises that were waiting in my mailbox yesterday.

Surprise #1 was a box from Needlecraft Corner. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it was or why I was receiving it - I hadn't ordered anything recently! To my surprise, Brigitte had ordered a couple additional things to go with her LHN exchange for me. With the scissor case she stitched for me she included a note saying that she really wasn't happy with the scissors that she had ordered, but there was no time to order another one. I wasn't disappointed at all - the scissor case all by itself was superbly done! Brigitte must not have been happy because in the box from Needlecraft Corner was a Hardwick Scissors from Kelmscott Designs and a chart from my wishlist - Jingle all the Way! Brigitte, you are a special lady and I thank you for your kindness! Here's a picture of her entire package with both sets of goodies:



Surprise #2 was an envelope from Margaret in New Zealand. Margaret sent me a sweet thank you for the time and effort that I put into assisting Carol with the Hooked on Exchanging blog. Aw, Margaret, how thoughtful of you! Enclosed was the most beautiful, delicate hardanger needlecase I have ever seen. The pictures below really don't do it justice. This is really a lovely piece and I will treasure it always! Thanks for your unexpected act of kindness Margaret!
Here's the front:

Here's the inside:

Here's the back:


Well, that's it for tonight. Maybe more finishing pictures tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Carol R said...

A wonderful surprise from Brigitte. And a sweet gesture from Margaret. What kind and thoughtful people in our stitching/blogging community!

mainely stitching said...

WOW, Cathy!! I'm so happy for you!!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

What wonderful gifts. You are right the scissor case alone was great and that little hardanger piece is so lovely. Enjoy, CJ

Andrea said...

Wonderful gifts.

Von said...

They're both so beautiful, Cathy! I know you were bowled over. :)

Jenna said...

OMG, that has to be one of the most beautiful and unusual hardanger creations I have ever seen. I'm jealous. ;) Now, can you reverse-engineer it and tell me how to do one? :D