Sunday, July 06, 2008

HoE LHN Exchange

My LHN exchange from Brigitte arrived yesterday! She used elements from the Morning Berries chart to create this beautiful scissor case! Isn't it wonderful? So delicate - stitched and finished perfectly! Brigitte send along a stork scissors for the case, a German chart with the floss, some wonderful linen, and a notepad with a cross stitch design on it. She totally spoiled me! Vielen Dank for a wonderful exchange Brigitte. Es ist wunderbar! Here are pictures of this delectable scissor case:




Saturday's Finishing Frenzy!

I don't know what got into me yesterday, but I was determined to finish all those little stitched things that have been sitting around waiting to be made into something special. I succeeded in finishing everything that was not Christmas related! A total of eight items! Now only six of them are pictured here because two of them are gifts, but you will see all of them eventually. Here's a group photo. I'm going to save the individual shots for during the week (that way I'll have something to post each day! LOL)

11 comments:

mercy said...

Great finishing and what a great scissorcase you received!

mainely stitching said...

You have such good taste, Cathy! I've either stitched or have in my stash everything there except that intriguing crow pinkeep at the bottom. Who's the designer/what the design?? Gotta know!!

Anonymous said...

What a glorious LHN piece! I love it finished as a scissor pocket!

And, you can come over to my house with that finishing frenzy anytime! ;)

Anonymous said...

I really like that scissor pocket.You also did a great job with your finishing. Maybe seeing your Blackbird design done will help me to get mine sewn together.

JillMN said...

Nice scissor pocket! Great finishing also. It must have been a weekend for that as I did a bunch of it myself yesterday. What pattern is that long skinny pillow on the bottom of the picture? I love it!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful scissorcase! And great finishing too - congrats to both of you!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well look at that gorgeous exchange! Love it!!!
And all your finishes :) DIVINE :)
Can't wait to see the individual ones ;)

staci said...

That is a magnificent scissor case from Brigitte!

And look at all of your lovelies! They're all so beautiful!

Sharon said...

Lovely exchange Catthy!

lena-lou said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog again , loads of pictures on here of beautiful finishes :-))

Jenna said...

What a beautiful exchange piece from Brigitte! She really did pick such a wonderful color combination.