Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Fruits of My Labor

I spent a good portion of my day on some finishing. One of the designs in this year's JCS Ornament magazine caught my eye - it's from Miss Crescent's Crowne and the picture can be found on page 60.

Here's my version of this sweet, oh-so-quick-to-stitch design:



It's stitched on the recommended WDW 30 ct Scuppernog with CC Red Currant and CC Snowball. I substituted a snowflake button in place of the snowman button. It's finished as a flat ornament with ruched ribbon on all four sides. The red jingle bells seemed like the perfect compliment for this design! Whatcha think?

It took me a few hours to finish...I have nine more of these stitched up. Ugh! But they will be so gosh darn cute!

17 comments:

Lynn said...

I love it! The jingle bells are a great touch.

Anonymous said...

What a great finish! Love the snowflake and the red bells really add to the look. Thanks for sharing.

Margaret said...

So adorable! I love how you finished it! 9 more huh? You are a saint!

Diana said...

Very cute! The red jingle bells are perfect.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet finish!!

Smily-Света said...

Mmmm, have seen your work and Xmas mood has come to me at last - youuuhouuu!!

Hazel said...

Beautiful. Very merry! xx

connie said...

Love the bells..the perfect touch to a great finish..

Lois said...

Too cute!! Love the little red jingle bells.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Your Merry ornament is very sweet.

Melissa said...

Love the jingle bells! Such a cute piece.

Karen said...

that turned out really cute! I have about 3 or 4 of them stitched up too. LOL it is such a quick design, but oh so cute with MANY possibilities for finishing. :)

Joy said...

What a sweet finish...good luck on the other 9!

BrendaS said...

Very cute! Love the jingle bells:)

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

so very nice
marylin

Bekca said...

I love this finish! The ruched ribbon suits it perfectly :)

Lelia said...

I think yours (all of them) look awesome!