Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's Ornament Season!

Greetings friends! Just a quick midweek post for you -- while watching the CMA awards tonight (or maybe I should say "listening to" the CMA awards tonight), I finished up a couple of ornaments.

This little cutie from Country Cottage Needleworks can be found in the 2007 issue of the JCS Ornament magazine. Now, I'm not a fan of "big" ornaments, so I did not stitch the outside border, just the design inside. As you can see, I then finished it up with a little ruched ribbon around the outside. It's really cute. (Now don't get the idea that I am a speed stitcher, I actually starting stitching this one last year and never finished it.) Stitched on miscellaneous 28 ct linen from my stash with DMC threads.



I also finished up these cute little hardanger angels. They aren't very big, maybe 2.5 inches tall and not more than two inches wide. I will be making more of these for Christmas gifts.



Well, I wish I had more to share with you. If only I had more time for stitching. Maybe this weekend. A girl can dream, right? :)

Have a great evening!

15 comments:

Lois said...

Two lovely finishes! The ribbon works beautifully and your angels are gorgeous.

Denise said...

Adorable finishes! Congrats on your finishing too!

Smiles - Denise

Margaret said...

What gorgeous finishes! Love those hardanger angels -- they'll make great presents!

Karen said...

Beautiful finishing! I lvoe your little angels! Who is the designer for the angels?

staci said...

I just love the way your finished your LHN ornie! And those hardanger angels are simply stunning!

Karen said...

love your ornaments! great job!

Anonymous said...

Love the hardanger angels. What is the name of the pattern?

Lynn said...

Your ornaments are lovely! The ruched ribbon really is a nice touch. Is there somewhere I can learn how to do this?

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finishes. I loved the rouched ribbon on your Peace ornament.

Your hardanger ornaments are so delicate looking.

Thanks for sharing

Carol said...

Your ornaments are so pretty--I especially love the ribbon on the first one--just lovely :)

Carol R said...

Two lovely finishes Cathy. The hardanger angels are stunning!

Thanks for your help in purchasing the lightweight Ottlite. I was looking on the lighting shelves in Joanns and they were hanging on a display elsewhere in the store! I got a white one for me and two black ones for gifts. At $14.98 each I couldn't go wrong!

Bekca said...

The "Peace" pillow is so elegant and I love the hardanger angels, do they take long to make? Happy stitching to you.

Deb said...

I just love that ornament. Your finishing is wonderful. And love those hardanger angels too - aren't those hard to do??

Karoline said...

All the ornaments are lovely, particularly the Angels

Margie May said...

The hardanger ornies are wonderful and would make great Christmas gifts. Could you please let me know the designer or where I might be able to get the pattern from. I haven't seen these ones anywhere in Australia