Monday, November 29, 2010

Some Hardanger for Christmas

All good things must come to an end - after being on vacation all of last week, I return to work today. It was nice to be off. I was able to prepare for our Thanksgiving celebration at a relaxed pace, did a little bit of Christmas shopping, and got quite a bit of Christmas stitching done.

In addition to all the "merry" ornaments (previous post) I had the supplies at home to whip up a couple of these hardanger ornaments. The design from the Nordic Needle can be found in the 2010 JCS Ornament magazine.

(Wish the picture was better, but hey - I live in Minnesota and we're having another overcast, dreary day. More snow is coming!)



I also want to show you a couple of spools I picked up at a craft boutique that I visited on Saturday. I couldn't pass them up - they were in great condition. I especially like the one in the middle with the holes running up the middle.



On my last post, Annemiek asked where I found the little red bells - I found mine at Michael's Arts & Crafts but I think you would also be able to find them at JoAnn's. Any craft store should have them - they were in with the other Christmas decorations. Sharon asked about the wire - it's a 20 gauge black colored copper wire; found it in the beading supply section at JoAnn's.

Gotta run - work is calling! Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Katrina said...

Love the ornaments. The spools are so cute too!! I can picture on of the fun With Thy Needle and Thread pieces on them :-).

Hazel said...

Beautiful ornaments. I love hardanger. x

Lelia said...

beautiful hardanger --- tho, I confess, the tatting ornaments at the very top are so beautiful, too!

Great find (spools) They are terrific!

Margaret said...

Wow, the ornaments are beautiful! I love the spools you found too!

Chris said...

Lovely ornaments!

WendyJo said...

Your handanger is beautiful Cathy. I am glad you got some time to sit and stitch on your week off.

Those spools are lovely too! What a great find!

Bekca said...

The ornaments look so pretty, talking of ornaments, I love your new blog header. Did you make those hardanger pieces too?

Kathy A. said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous ornaments.
I love your header. Your tatting or?

Siobhán said...

Beautiful ornaments in this post and in your last one! WOW!! You really are cranking out the holiday cheer. Good for you!

Marylin /Poussy said...

very beautiful
marylin