Sunday, November 14, 2010

Stitching and Stashing with Friends....Priceless

Still trying to stay warm in Minnesota...our weather made the national news this morning!

On Friday (the day before the snow came!) I had the opportunity to spend the afternoon with Joan and one of our blogging friends, Pam. Pam doesn't have a blog, but many of you know her because she probably has visited your blog and left a comment. Joan and I met Pam in Tulsa at the Silver Needle retreat and we agreed to meet up at Stitchville next time Pam was in town. It just so happened that this was the weekend - Pam and her non-stitching sister, Cheryl drove up for shopping and stashing at the Mall of America and Stitchville!

Pam is so sweet - she gifted Joan and I with some cotton knit washcloths. And they were packaged so nice! Pam's birthday is next Tuesday, and I gave her a package of Minnesota wild rice, some Pearson's Salted Nut Rolls (made in Minnestoa), and a Hardanger ornament for her tree. We had lunch at Old Chicago and then spent a significant amount of time stashing at Stitchville.

Cute packaging!



Here' a picture of the three of us (L to r: Joan, Pam, Cathy):



I made some purchases (can't go to Stitchville and not buy something!). The new LK Winter fob kit and the Blue House Primer from With My Needle:



And look what I found in the clearance bins! BOAF My Betrothed (half price), another old BOAF charf (50 cents!) and M Designs Sampler Girls (half price). You can't imagine how excited I was to find those BOAF charts!



We had a great time on Friday! Well, I need to get moving - the boutique sale today opens up at 9am and I need to be there to help my mom set things up!

13 comments:

natalysneedle said...

Your stashing looks like soooo much fun. Love the new LK fob and With My Needle Hornbook, but better than that CLEARANCE finds!!!! It's always fun to shop with friend who can appreciate our must have moments.

Brigitte said...

Stitchville looks gorgeous to me. What an LNS! Nice new stash.
I can't believe the amount of snow that was dumped into your region. I hope it will still take a while, a good while, before it comes to us, lol.

Marylin /Poussy said...

hello I discovered your blog and I'm just in love! your cross stitch shops are fantastic here in France there is no large store like you! your landscapes of snow are just fabulous! I love your pillow "peace" I put my links and I look forward to follow the adventure of your blog
friendships marylin France

CalamityJr said...

You're blessed to have such good friends! Glad you were able to have a fun day together. As for your snow pictures - ugh!

Bekca said...

I'm glad to hear you had a good time meeting up with your stitchy friends. Nice stash too, everyone loves a bargain - especially a stitching one! Stitchville looks like a dream, we don't have anything on that scale near me. Happy stitching to you.

Karen said...

what a great time! i cannot believe you guys already have snow! ugh! we have finally started cooling down here in AZ. :)

Melissa said...

Wow - look at all that snow already! Glad at least you got to visit a nice LNS with your stitchy friends and get some nice stash! BOAF on sale! Lucky you!

Faye said...

Goodness!!! Stitchville sounds WONDERFUL!!! I could only hope to get to go somewhere like that!! You did so good on the sale charts too!!!!...Glad you got to spend time with Joan and Pam....thanks for sharing your day, Faye

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the snow. Just waiting for it to hit Chicago. I am sure it won't be long. Love your "finds" and the fun you had.

Kathy said...

Your new stash is fabulous. Love the last photo of the snowman. :)

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a sweet time with friends :)
Pam is a sweetie!

Lynn said...

Stashing is a great way to spend a day! Looks like you found some pretty neat purchases too.
I can't believe the amount of snow you received for your first snowfall. Especially in light of the warmer temps earlier. Fortunately we havne't had a major dump yet. Only an inch or so. Got my snow tires on this week though so I'm ready!

barbara said...

Oh what fun!! :D :D