My goal was to have this done by the end of January. I don't think that will happen, but it should be finished soon thereafter. Between last night and tonight I stitched a couple of the smaller pieces.
Four more pieces to go.
Stitching friends located in the Northeast...stay warm and stay safe!
I picked up some framing yesterday. A couple of weeks ago I took advantage of some coupons offered by JoAnn's. Finding something to be framed was not a problem; I have a closet full of stitching that needs to be framed.
This was stitched in 2011 as part of the Crazy Challenge. It was one of 15 pieces that I finished that year (actually, I think I only finished 14). Anyway, it was one of my favorite projects!
Quaker Medallion Sampler C Street Samplerworks
Now I just need to find the perfect place to hang it.
...but I do have something fun to share with you. There are a couple of gals at work that I have worked with for a number of years. Every year I stitch an ornament for them. One of the gals gave me this coffee mug with pictures of the ornaments on it.
Taking a short break from my Tulip Tray pre-work to get started on one of our guild projects - Sojourner Sampler from Heart's Ease Examplar Workes. Doesn't look like much, but hey, I've got it started!
Check out Theresa Baird's blog for a picture of this beautiful sampler and more information on some of her other designs!
A couple of you have asked about the banding I am using for my Randje per Week project.
It is 28 count linen banding and it is about 6 3/4 inches wide. The edging patterns when posted can be adjusted to fit any width. I purchased my banding at my LNS, Stitchville. I bought the last of the red. They do have some with green and with blue colored edging. The challenging part is finding a piece of banding that is long enough. The Randje blog recommends about 8 feet of banding. The longest piece that Stitchville had was 6 feet. I decided I was okay with that.
I'm sure some of the other larger needlework stores probably also carry banding. If you are thinking about doing this project you may want to check around a bit to see what your options are.
Today was another one of those "stay inside" kind of days. It was cold outside and this afternoon we had a few flurries. While the washing machine and dryer were churning away, I did some finishing.
I always think that I can accomplish far more than I actually have time for. I had a project to work on for my friend Judy. I'm not a big fan of sewing with invisible thread, but it all worked out. Her project will be mailed to her this week.
Then I decided to finish this piece that I stitched last fall. You'll recognize the design - it's Needleworker from Little House Needleworks. I changed the color of the berries but otherwise it's stitched with the called for threads on 35ct Straw. Now the finish is not my idea...I saw this finish on Stasi's blog (Bee-Mused and Bee-Stitching) and fell in love with the idea. Stasi got the idea from Syd (Syd's Stitching Room). See how much influence we have on each other?
Here it is, my Boardwalk Stitching Basket:
I have it attached to the top using magnets, one on each end. I'm debating whether I will keep it that way. I think I may tack it down to the top of the liner instead. We'll try it this way for awhile and then I will decide.
Then, I had a small framing project to work on. Now, I am not a big fan of framing, I usually will have someone else do it, but this was a small project and I figured I could manage it.
The design you will recognize - I can't remember the name - but it was one of the 2013 club pieces from Blackbird Designs through Dyeing to Stitch. They sent along fabric to make it into a pillow, but I found this frame at my LNS and decided it was just perfect for this design!
That's it. There are quite a few more projects in the finishing basket waiting to be finished but they will have to wait for another time. Now I need to get back to my pre-stitching...on to panel #4!
It is really cold here in the Midwest; a good day to stay inside. In addition to normal household things I did find a good bit of time today for stitching.
Do you like starting new projects? I have some pre-work that I need to do for a class in March. I needed to take time to read the instructions and make sure I had my linen prepared properly...I pressed the seams and measured carefully and then measured again before cutting a smaller section to work in hand with. Then I had to baste! I deeply dislike basting but sometimes it is necessary. Finally! Time to stitch. Specialty stitches first - Plait stitch and Encroaching Gobelin. The rest of this first section is stitched with tent stitch. What am I working on? Tulip Tray from Patrick's Woods!
While watching Downton Abbey tonight I stitched the first two rows of my Randje Per Week project. I have enjoyed seeing the various bands that were created last year. I'm good at jumping on bandwagons! Haven't decided what to stitch at the top yet - I have many options.
I have many things that I want to stitch on; when I settled in to stitch last night, this is what called my name. I made some cording out of some coordinating floss and used all of the ribbon to ruche around the fob itself. Cute!
It took much longer than expected to finish the ornament. I had a little more stitching left and the finishing took longer than expected. I look forward to gifting this little ornament to my great niece on Saturday! The design is from Little House Needleworks and I replaced the word "Hope" with the baby's name "June".