Friday, October 06, 2006

Wild Week

Whew! I'm glad this week is over! It didn't start on a good note. I came down with a nasty cold and missed two days of work; somehow pulled myself through the rest of the week. Definitely have more energy today but am not recovered from the bug by a long shot!

I'm happy to report that my Halloween exchange was received by Svenja in Germany this week. I love this Lizzie Kate design; stitched it for myself last year. Sent a few other goodies along with it. I'm so glad that she liked it!



Tomorrow, I'm going to a finishing class at my "not so local" LNS (it's a 45 minute drive one way). I'm going to learn how to make a weighted stand-up. Look for the results on my blog later this weekend!

Also, I have some finishes to share. In between napping on Monday and Tuesday, I finished a couple of the Essy Friends kits I've been ignoring for the past several months. Figured October would be a good month to get caught, particular since it is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Stay tuned.

Thanks for visiting!

9 comments:

Chelle said...

Your halloween exchange is so cute! Your finishing looks fantastic, as usual. Can't wait to see the result of your finishing class tomorrow. Sounds kewl! Feel better! Colds are nasty, nasty thing.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your weighted stand up. I hope you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous!! Looking forward to hearing your experiences with the stand up class, I've been thinking about buying a book on this technique.

Kitty Couture said...

What a lovely exchange piece! :)
I'm sorry to read you've been feeling so poorly... Hope you get really better soon!

Joanie said...

I love your Halloween exchange piece and the finishing is beautiful!

As a fellow cold sufferer, I empathize with you...I've been nursing one since Wednesday. Feel better!

Anne S said...

I just adore your halloween exchange piece - beautiful as always :) Sorry to hear you've been sick ... hope you're managing to get over those nasty bugs quickly {{hugs}}. Great job on getting those Essy's Friends kits finished so quickly - they're really pretty :)

Lelia said...

Wonderful exchange! Excellent choice for the Halloween exchange program. Hope your finishing class went well :)

Rachel V said...

Loverly exchange! Glad you are feeling better; keep resting up. Your Essy's friends finishes are great.

Von said...

Oh what fun your class sounds! Can't wait to see the projects you finish in this manner! :D

Glad you have that virus on the run! Keep resting and totally eradicate it. :D