Monday, January 03, 2011

Crazy January Challenge - Project #2

Happy Monday! I still have one vacation day (today) left before I return to work. I think much of today will be spent taking down the Christmas decorations. While I enjoy looking at the ornaments each year and it's nice to sit and admire the Christmas tree each night, I'm always glad to see everything go back into the boxes. It seems to restore order! Maybe that's part of the magic each year; because it only lasts for a short time?

While watching football last night, I started project #2 on the Crazy January Challenge. I think I made good progress. Here it is - from Birds of a Feather - Happy Hearts Sampler!



I've had this one kitted up for a long time. Joined a SAL once but never crossed a single "x". I watched as other stitching bloggers worked on theirs. Linen Stitcher finished hers in June, 2008 so that goes to show how long I have been wanting to stitch this one! Now it's started. Keep your fingers crossed that I will finish it in 2011!

Later today I will decide on today's project (#3) - I think it will be another new start vs. one of the WIPs.

Before I go, I found a new love! Since I live in cold Minnesota, I tend to drink a lot of hot tea in the evening (it keeps me warm.) I have several favorite varieties (pictured below), and I've added a new one to my tea stash (no pun intended). It's from STASH and it is called Pomegranate Raspberry Green Tea. It's a winner!



Thanks for your visits and words of encouragement. I've been doing my best to keep up with visiting your blogs, but I'm behind again! :)

20 comments:

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh Cathy, I've had this one in my stash for a looooong time too...and I love it - deliriously! But I'll still have to live vicariously through you :)
It's gonna be gorgeous!

Melissa said...

Oh, this is such a great sampler! I did mine a long time ago - so long that it was in DMC so probably before I got onto the ONS! Have fun with this one, Cathy!

ps - it's great to find new teas that we love!

Lelia said...

Oh my, I have that one started, too

Anonymous said...

Nice sampler start :) And love those teas - I love trying new teas out too, it's nice and refreshing in the afternoons when I'm all coffee'ed out :)

Katrina said...

Gorgeous!!!! I do love BOAF designs :-).

Sue said...

Love the new start.

Karen said...

Great progress Cathy! Can't wait to see day #3. :)

Gabi said...

Gorgeous choice. Love it.

Faye said...

I dont have this one in my stash but it has been on my "to buy and do one day" list....lol.....LOVE this piece and cannot wait to see how it progresses.....I LOVED that green tea bag you sent me!!! I am drinking a cup of tea at night now!! Today was my first day back to work.,.... Better tighten your seatbelt...My day was a doozie!! Take care, Faye

Margaret said...

What a great sampler! I love BOAF! I love teas as well, although I stick to herbal teas. Caffeine keeps me awake.

Deb said...

My husband just brought home some of that tea and it's wonderful and I'm not even a tea drinker, but I love it. And I love your choice of sampler! The problem with seeing everyone's starts is that you want to start them too! Can't wait to see your progress on it.

Karen said...

Another great start!

Julie said...

Great progress! What a fun design.

Lynn said...

I haven't got this one but I love the looks of it. I think this challenge is going to enable me!
I love STASH tea but haven't tried this one yet. My latest is their White Christmas tea. Mmmm!

Linen Stitcher said...

I'm so excited for you, Cathy! I truly loved doing the "Happy Hearts" sampler, and I know you will, too.

Thanks for linking to my post. I have to admit when I saw it, I didn't realize how tiny the picture was, so I've edited it now to make it easier to see.

I'll have to look for that tea so I can try it. Sounds good!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this design, and you've stitched so much already. Now I'm off to the couch with my needlework and a cuppa... LOL!!

Nicole said...

Great start!! Another great design!!

Linen Stitcher said...

Thought I'd pop back in to say that I found the tea. I'm drinking a cup as I type this, and I must say I quite like it! Thanks for the recommendation!!

Berit said...

Oh, I love this chart! :D So happy to see you working on it!

Bekca said...

I haven't seen this chart before, it looks great and I can't wait to watch it grow. Happy stitching.