Sunday, October 05, 2014

My Poor Neglected Blog

Updates to this poor neglected blog are so infrequent these days. I promise to do better.

Our Evening Counted Thread group is going to stitch a humbug in November. We were looking for a simple project that wouldn't require much time and with supplies that could come from our stash. We thought that the humbug could be a Christmas ornament, or with a longer cord it could be a scissor fob.

I stitched up a model today using a 28 count remnant from my stash and some Manor Red floss from Crescent Colors. Added some beads that I had to the corners and voila! It's a cute little Christmas Ornament!



My mom and I are going on a road trip on Wednesday. Guess where we are going? Will try to give you periodic reports while we're on the road.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Margaret said...

That's lovely! Love the finishing details on it too. Hope your road trip is fun! Can't wait to see where you go!

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Beautiful ornament! Have missed you ... but completely understand that life gets crazy! I'll look forward to hearing about your upcoming road trip with your mom! Safe travels!

Bekca said...

Lovely to see a post from you Cathy, the humbug is adorable. Hope you have a fab time on your roadtrip!
Best wishes.

Andrea said...

A lovely little humbug. I'm intrigued about your trip ...

Melody said...

What a cute humbug! Hope you have a great trip with your Mom. It will be fun to see where you go.