Sunday, April 24, 2016

Finishing Day

It was a rainy day, the housework and laundry were done, so I thought it was a good day for some finishing. I always underestimate the amount of time that is needed to put these pieces together; all of the handstitching takes a lot of time!

First, I started my morning off with a bit of finishing for a friend. You might recall that I stitched and finished one of these for myself recently. I was happy to finish this one for my friend Jana.

Next - I'm pleased to share with you my Bristol Sampler Stitching Bag. This was our project this year at Stitchville's Spring Fling. We enjoyed three wonderful days with Betsy Morgan. She is such a great teacher!

This pincushion is not part of Betsy's set. It was gifted to me by my friend Sue from IN. It's a perfect match though - don't you agree?

I had completed much of the finishing while at retreat. The entire bag, including the lining, is stitched by hand. I am really pleased with it!

Finally, I took time today to finish my first Merry Cox piece. Much of the work was already done, but I still had quite a bit of "detailing" to finish off. The needlebook on the left needed to be trimmed and attached. The scissors holder on the right needed to be attached and the small tassel made and attached. I just love it!

I found this wooden thread keeper in my stash. It fits perfectly in the pocket behind the scissors!

Back to stitching ....I have pre-work for two more classes that needs to be stitched.

Thanks for stopping by!

 

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Both very pretty projects.
Congrats on your beautiful finishes.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Wonderful finishes Cathy!!! What's up next? Inquiring "stitchy" mnds want to know!!! :)

Paisley said...

Beautiful finishing!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work !! I love them all :)
Greetings
Marion

Khristine Doiron said...

Gorgeous finishing!! You are all kinds of talented :)

Barb said...

Just wonderful finishing. It does look like all that work was worth it!

Anna Zont said...

So beautiful finishes!!!

Brigitte said...

I'm in awe of all your work. Wonderful finishes!