Sunday, May 29, 2016

Another Road Trip

When the teacher is within driving distance, you take advantage of every opportunity to take a class with her! Yes, we traveled to Chicago again this weekend to take a class with Betsy Morgan. This weekend's class was organized by Cathy at the Inspired Needle in Lemont, IL. If you haven't been there, it's a great little shop jam packed with lots of stitching goodies.

Before our weekend started though we made a pit stop at another shop in the area - Tomorrow's Heirlooms. This shop has been around awhile so sometimes I run across some treasures.

We spent Thursday night with our stitching friend and went exploring through some of her UFO's. She has some pieces that won't take much effort to finish. Hopefully we helped to influence her to get them done before the end of the year. (Ask my friends, I'm good at setting goals for others...ha, ha.)

We ate dinner Thursday night at a great Mexican restaurant in downtown Wheaton, IL. This town reminds me of small town U.S.A....what a vibrant downtown area with great restaurants and shopping.

They are in the process of restoring this old theatre.

Our class started on Friday morning. There were seven of us from MN and two special friends from IN who traveled for this class - Tall Year Squared.

We spent Friday working on the pincushion that goes inside the four sided Etui. Here are some pictures. On the left is another project that I finished two years ago called All Year Squared; on the right is the pincushion I constructed in the class.

Tomorrow, I'll share a picture of the barrel button that we made in class on Saturday. Right now I have a date with my stitching chair!

 

1 comment:

Khristine Doiron said...

You have so much fun all the time! And I love your cubed pincushion finishes! They are darling :)