Thursday, February 07, 2019

Something Different

I’ve been itching to do some crocheting!  I learned how to crochet when I was very young - maybe 10 or 11 years old.  My mother and her sisters and a few neighbor ladies used to get together every Monday night.  They called themselves “The Crochet Club”.  My brothers and I liked it when they got together because they had the best desserts and we always got to enjoy some!

Last fall, I had grand plans that I was going to teach myself how to knit.  I bought some needles and some Sugar and Cream cotton yarn to make dishcloths.  Never followed through, but I still had the yarn and figured I could crochet washcloths!  Found a simple pattern online and voila!  I’ve crocheted three of them already.  It takes me about an hour to crochet one.  It’s really quite relaxing and much easier on tired eyes.



Happy that tomorrow is Friday.  Winter has finally come to Minnesota.

7 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely washcloths you created! Stay warm!

Meg said...

How fun! I never could get the hang of crochet. I tried knitting, too, and almost finished a very ugly scarf. Good thing I stuck to cross stitch!

Stay warm in your part of the world. Spring is just around the corner.

butterfly said...

These dish cloths look great I use mine all the time.
Have a great weekend.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Knit and crocheted dishcloths are the best! I tend to make the knit ones more often, but it looks like you've found a pattern that suits you, and that's all that matters. I may try the crocheted ones again. It takes me about four hours to knit a dishcloth!

Khristine Doiron said...

Such pretty yarn colors! I love a crocheted dish cloth :)

diamondc said...

Hi Cathy: They are very pretty, they would brighten up the sink area.
I planned o learning how to knit, someday I hope.
I hope to see you at March to the finish.

Catherine

Janet said...

Those look very nice. I as well want to pick up some hooks and retry crochet.