Thursday, September 19, 2019

Road Trip!

It’s been awhile! The adventures of the Alphabet Stitcher and her Partner in Crime are back. They didn’t let us go out into the world alone this time though; we have supervision this trip.



We traveled all day yesterday. Our first and only stop was a new shop to me, my PIC had already been to this one. We stopped at Village Needlework in Marion, IA.  Sadly, they are going out of business. It was and still is a lovely shop with supplies for cross stitch, tatting, knitting and crochet and canvas.  We made a few purchases.



Arrived at our destination last night.  Here’s a clue on where we are:





Hope to have more posts for you throughout the weekend.

3 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Have fun at the Needlework Galleria! Sorry to hear another shop is going out of business!

Khristine Doiron said...

Lucky ducks!! I hope I get to attend someday!

JustGail said...

I've been to Village Needlework many times, as my bank account can verify. It is/was (wahhh!) such a nice store - lots of stock and well lit, and a great supporter of the local EGA events. They are open until end of November/early December. The business IS for sale, but too far away for me, and I don't know that I'd have the knowledge to keep it going, although the owners would be available for support. Damned library people (didn't think I'd ever say that!) plans had a bit to do with the shop closing. Sort of sucks the fun of owning a shop if, for a few years you don't know if/when you need to find a new location. The library people have now dropped plans to tear down that little strip mall to build new library. Now it will be a 3-ish hour drive to Waverly for the next hands-on needlework shop. Sorry, I didn't mean to whine on your blog, but am trying to spread the word that the business is for sale whenever I see it mentioned.

I hope you have a great time at Needlework Galleria!