Sunday, March 14, 2021

Overdue Post

March is just flying by. Thank goodness the month is a little longer than February!

I’ve been busy stitching away. The first project that I worked on was this Pinwheel / A Homestead Gathering from Cathy Habermann. The kit is a collaboration with Me and My Stitches. I will receive four packages during the year. The stitching is done. Once I have this “finished finished” I will post a picture of the entire package and all the little goodies we received.


Next up - I’ve been working on this Blackbird Designs project. You will recognize it from the Sewing Club book, but I’ve had this project since 2019. Barb and Alma were the featured designers at Stitchville’s Spring Fling that year. There are four pieces that make up the entire set, I have three of them stitched. (Sorry for not ironing it.)

Finally, I participated in a beginner wool applique class on Zoom with Rebekah L Smith this weekend. This was our project. I still need to stitch the stem that attaches the heart with the leaves and then the flower at the top. I also need to blanket stitch around the outer edge. Almost finished. It was a great class!

Here’s a recent Lizzie photo. She makes me smile every day!



8 comments:

butterfly said...

Love the pinwheel stitch .

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

You've accomplished so much, and it's all so beautiful! I spent the weekend reorganizing in preparation for spring cleaning.

Marilyn said...

Great projects.
Lizzie is too cute!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

What lovely projects you featured on today's post, Cathy! Lizzie is adorable.

diamondc said...

Cathy: Lizzie is so adorable.
Nice design from Cathy Habermann, I am looking forward to seeing it finished.
I love the Blackbird Design, I was able to finish mine and construct.
Have a lovely day.

Catherine

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful stitching! I love the colors in the pinwheel. The crisp white just makes everything look so much richer.

Barb said...

Lots of lovely projects and a very cute dog!

Robin said...

Looking forward to seeing the finished pinwheel collection.