Friday, September 24, 2021

Needlework Galleria

On the road again, with TWO partners in crime. We’re making up for missed time and events in 2020!

We arrived in St. Louis on Wednesday night and got checked in for Galleria. Our Galleria gift included a cute little wooden ruler and some wooden floss tags.

I registered to take Cathy Habermann’s class on Thursday morning. Love her designs and enjoy learning about finishing from her. In this bee-themed class, What’s the Buzz, we are learning about paper piecing and appliqué. My project is off to a good start.

Here’s what the finished pillow and fob will look like.

We found our favorite restaurant from two years ago and had a good lunch and then headed to the St. Charles Antique Mall. I think we all found some treasures. I get the award for finding the largest treasure. I just had to bring this beauty home with me. It’s an original A.S. Strommen Bruk Hamar Norwegian Sewing box. It’s in excellent condition.

Early bird shopping started at 6:30pm last night. We made a bee line for the Hands on Design room to purchase the Philanthropic Pumpkin kit that Cathy designed as a fundraiser for their local Special Olympics group. They went fast.

I made a few more purchases including a kit from Lois at Lady Dot Creates, a strawberry that Cathy made, and a needle minder from Me and My Stitches.

We also visited Linda from Erica Michaels to pick up her exclusive pincushion kit, her new English Sampler berries, and …. I could not resist bringing this sweet pincushion home with me!

We called it a night at that point. Ordered a margarita at the bar and came back to the room to enjoy our dessert from the restaurant we stopped at earlier in the day. Coconut Creme!

We’re ready for Day Two!

8 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Enjoy your time at Needlework Galleria!

Marilyn said...

All cute projects & goodies.
That pie looks delicious!
Marilyn

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

What fun!

diamondc said...

Hi Cathy: It seems you are really catching up on retreats.
What a great find, that is an amazing basket and so useful.
I made a pin cushion out of a Anchor Hocking bowl, the holes on the side hold my Gingher scissors.
Nice new stash.

Catherine

marly said...

Love those berry designs. Searching tonight for that coconut creme layered dessert recipe that I haven't had in years.

Khristine Doiron said...

Great purchases! I love the class project you are taking. I have never seen anything like it. Very pretty!

Lelia said...

lovely purchases --- and the sewing box is BEAUTIFUL. Yeah, I wouldn't have left it behind, either. What fun.

Annelein said...

What a great treasure the sewing box is...