Monday, August 29, 2022

Recent Finishes

Don’t fall off your chair; I’m back with another post! Since returning from guild retreat, I’ve finished a couple of projects.

First up is “Germany”. This is a design from Amy Mitten and it’s from her Around the World series. Stitched on 40ct cream Zweigart with Amy’s silk.

My second finish is a Stacy Nash design called Tribute to Summer Sampler. This piece was started by my stitching friend, Sue, who passed away last year. It was in her stash, and I picked it up and decided to finish it. Some of the colors in the design were changed by Sue. It’s stitched on 40 ct WDW Cocoa. 

More finishes on the horizon. Stay tuned!

9 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Both are beautiful finishes, Cathy!

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching .
Enjoy your day.

Marilyn said...

Both very pretty.
Sorry to hear your friend passed away.
Marilyn

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Beautiful! I love seeing your projects, whether finished or in progress.

Marilyn said...

Both so pretty.
Marilyn

Robin said...

So nice to take some projects out of the UFO pile. Lovely to have finished a piece from you late friend. I hope it will always give you a pleasant memory of her when you look at it.

Marilyn said...

So pretty!
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Hi Cathy: Nice designs, it always feels good to have a finish and get ready for a new start.
I bet you have a few waiting in the shadows.

Catherine

Khristine Doiron said...

They are both beautiful but Sue's is extra special!