Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Miss Mary Mack

Good evening everyone! Well, I was planning to work on Apricot Elegance tonight, but after seeing Barbara's update and reading Chelle's update, I was motivated to get started on our Miss Mary Mack SAL. We've decided to stitch her small enough to fit into one of those rectangular tin pins.

I think I made pretty good progress for about an hour's worth of stitching! I'm stitching her over one (half stitch) on 40ct. Sheep's Straw (the photo is a tad bit dark). I'm using one strand of GAST Black Crow. As you can see, I did one foot and about six rows of the skirt. It actually stitched up pretty quickly!



Maybe tomorrow I'll work on Apricot Elegance?

Many of you asked about the fabric I'm using for DT Game Board Sampler - it's just 25 ct Dublin in a cream color - the photo wasn't very good; it made it look darker than it actually is. Thank you for your kind comments!

8 comments:

mainely stitching said...

What a hoot - I started with the other foot. Ha ha. She's looking great, and that's a lovely fabric. I didn't have the called-for color in my stash, but I will keep an eye out for it now that I've seen how lovely it is.

Good luck on Apricot Elegance!

Anonymous said...

A very nice blob :) and on 40ct, I must admit I had problems stitching on that high count, even though I have no problems with my eyes. I don't think I am going to dare to stitch anything bigger on it again. Good luck and I'll ba coming back to see your progress :)

Lelia said...

40 count is itty bitty stitching. It will charming when you add that 'hair' on top. Looking good Cathy

BeckySC said...

Nice start, Cathy :)

Danielle said...

I love that Miss Mary Mack design. I also have that chart. I will have to keep track of your progress. I am looking forward to seeing it finished as a pin!!

Anna van Schurman said...

Great start! It's really fun being able to see everyone's progress on this! I'm having fun with mine.

Casa Pearl said...

Cathy your Mary Mack is looking great!

Chelle said...

Your Miss Mary has a foot! :o) Mine is just a blob so far. Tee hee! I have a LOT of stitching to do before I get to the feet or face. I guess my Mary will be a blob for a long time to come!