Monday, August 17, 2009

Finally A Stitchy Picture!

Thanks everyone who commented on my last post; I usually keep to just "stitchy" topics but I thought you might enjoy my story about Elisabeth. I also appreciate all of your suggestions for samplers. I think that I've picked out the design that I am going to use; it's from Blackbird Designs and it is called "Special Delivery Girl's Birth Sampler." I'm thinking I will stitch her birth and death dates under her name. What do you think?


Now, here's a finish I am really excited to share with you. It was so hard to send this away; I'll just have to make another one for myself. A small group of eight of us have been doing seasonal exchanges this year, and for summer, it was my turn to mail to Gaby. I stitched "Sunflower Sampler" from Country Cottage Needleworks and finished it up as a wallhanging with coordinating sunflower fabrics. I also sent her the cute hanger for it. Gaby received it recently and said that she likes it!


Maybe later this week I will snap an update photo of BOAF Friendship Sampler; I've been working on the border. I've also been working on LHN Traveling Stitcher so I'll try to snap a picture of that too. You'll just have to stop back again later in the week! Thanks for your visit!

11 comments:

Kim B said...

Great sampler choice! And the wall hanging turned out incredibly!

Daffycat said...

Wow, Cathy...the sunflower Sampler turned out beautiful!

Theresa said...

Your sunflower sample is adorable!!!! Love it!!!!!

grace said...

Your sunflower sampler looks wonderful! The hanger is adorable!

Kathy A. said...

That is a beautiful sampler and the fabric is just perfect.
I read back to your Elizabeth story. How special you are to honor little Elizabeth with a tombstone. It gives her short life some kind of permanence. I love the sampler you chose to do for her.

Katrina said...

I think that's a great idea! Love that little sampler. Your finish is pretty too.

Margaret said...

I love those BBD birth samplers -- perfect choice! Love your finish -- I bet your friend loves it as well!

Kathy said...

The BBD sampler is perfect. And yes, I would include both dates.

As for the sunflower sampler.... I LOVE it! And I love how you finished it. Gaby is one lucky lasy.

Karoline said...

The wallhanging is lovely, congratulations

Andrea said...

Sunflower Sampler is gorgeous made into a wallhanging.

Little Penpen said...

gorgeous!! Love the happy colors!