Sunday, March 17, 2013

Dear to My Heart

I have many things to share with you today, all of them very dear to my heart!

In addition to counted cross stitch, I love to do a little Hardanger now and then.  This is the second installment in Nordic Needle's Hardanger Stitching Accessories club this year...it is a little pocket for safe keeping of my scissors!  Here's the front...


Here's the back...


And just in case you didn't see it the first time, here's the box:


Also dear to my heart is my mother's tatting.  She came over today to test out my lights and magnifiers.  She showed me all of the crosses and hearts that she has been working on and then asked, "Well, aren't you going to take a picture for your blog?"



I have a very soft spot in my heart for a special place in Hungary...I had stitched up the Minnesota Heart some time ago and recently stitched the Hungary Heart.  Both are from Victoria Sampler...


And last but not least, allow me to share with you this beautiful example of Hövej embroidery.  I think this is from the altar cloth that Mrs. Szigethy is working on.  The picture was on her Facebook page; I know she won't mind if I share it with you.  Every hole is filled with a different pattern; ten different designs!



Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

15 comments:

Pam in IL said...

Your Hardanger and stitching is beautiful! Your mom's tatting is lovely. So cute that she wants you to share the pics on your blog. My mom doesn't even know what a blog is, lol.


Barb said...

Lots of beautiful work!!

Laurie in Iowa said...

All beautiful! When I see or read about hardanger I always think of you.

Margaret said...

I'm loving seeing your hardanger pieces for this hardanger thing you've joined. So beautiful! Always love to see your mother's tatting too! And of course Mrs. S's work. Just amazing!

Unknown said...

Oh Cathy, how beautiful is your hardanger scissor holder? I totally love it. Wonder if that pattern will ever come out as a chart? I would certainly be in there for that one. Loved your Mum's tatting too.

marly said...

Your scissor pocket is fabulous. Everything is beautiful but that case is glorious!

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Oh how I love the work of you and your mother's hands! You both create such lovely heirlooms! Thanks for sharing...I am always inspired!

CJ in OK ;-) said...

Your scissor pocket is just beautiful. That hardanger just has so just texture. Your Mom's tatting is amazing too. CJin OK

Bekca said...

The scissor pocket is stunning. Thank you for sharing such inspirational work Cathy :)
Best wishes.

msmartello said...

Everything is beautiful Cathy. I am a little partial to the scissor case though. LOL! Tell your mom I love her tatting.
Maureen

dixiesamplar said...

Wow, it is all stunning!

Jean said...

Your Hardanger is lovely. I was at Woodlawn Plantation this weekend and a lady was demonstrating.

Hazel said...

The Hardanger and tatting are beautiful Cathy. x

Marie said...

Your Hardanger always impresses me!!! I still want to try that and have purchased the necessary books to guide me...just wish I could "purchase" the time to sit down and try it!

Please tell your Mom that I am still in love with her tatting. Why don't more people do that craft? I seriously have been keeping an eye out for a tatting class (not an online class though) ~ maybe you could send Mom to VT to teach me? :D

Unknown said...

I have fond memories of calling Nordic Needle from Virginia regarding my latest Hardanger project, and supplies! Thank you for sharing your scissor case - quite beautiful!; and your Mom's tatting!!!! My Hardanger teacher kept encouraging us to show and teach our stitching every chance we got, because, sadly, they are fading away. A thought: I wonder if, with a little resizing, your scissor case could become an iPhone case!??? Fond regards, Sharon B