Monday, April 15, 2013

Snow + Sleet = Finishing Day

Mother Nature has not been kind to us folks up north this Spring.  When we should be experiencing sunny days with moderate temperatures, instead we experienced a weekend of freezing rain and snow.  As the saying goes, "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!"  So yesterday, while it snowed and sleeted and the wind blew outside, I stayed inside and got some finishing done.  Made a couple of pretty darn good soups for supper and lunches this week too!

You will have to go way back in the archives to figure out when I stitched this one; 2009 I think...it promptly went into the finishing pile and hasn't seen the light of day since.  I decided it was time to resurrect it and find a proper frame, and so I did.  Now she sits on the table next to my stitching chair.


Dutch Strawberries
Goode Huswife

Then I also put together three smalls; two of them are mine and one belongs to my friend Judy.

Here's the first in LHN's Little Sheep Virtues series:


LHN Hope
36 ct R&R Walnut
DMC fibers

And here's Chessie and Me's Liberty:


Chessie and Me Liberty
Linen and Fibers as kitted

And finally, this piece was stitched by my friend Judy.  It's one of the "tag trios" that Jeanette Douglas released at Nashville.  Judy wanted hers finished as a little pincushion


Jeanette Douglas Pins and Needles
Linen and Fibers as kitted

Is anyone else wondering who the next mystery designer is for Norden Crafts?  I think it will be Little House Needleworks...we'll see!

Until next time...

17 comments:

Mrs. DillyDally said...

Gosh...how I would love to take "finishing" lessons from you! Your workmanship is always sew lovely! Love that you dillydally while mother nature has a temper tantrum!

Jeanne said...

Wonderful finishes Cathy - you found a perfect frame for your larger piece. It feels good to finish off things that have been sitting doesn't it. Kudos to you and hope your weather gets spring-like soon!

BrendaS said...

Beautiful finishes Cathy! I love your little framed piece:)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Great finishes, Cathy. I've had Dutch Strawberry in my stash for ages. Seeing yours makes me want to go dig it out.

Laurie in Iowa said...

Lovely finishes and I love the GH framed piece... so sweet.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Love your GH framed piece and all the smalls look great too, Cathy!

Patty C. said...

Everything looks beautiful!

Katrina said...

Love, love, love everything!!!!! Your Dutch Strawberries came out so cute :-).

Barb said...

Wonderful little projects. I especially love the Chessie and Me Liberty.

Chris said...

Lovely finishes!

Natasha said...

Beautiful finishes!! I like your positvie attitude. I can't believe the weather ya'll are having up north :( Hopefully warmer weather shows her face soon.

I hope you have a lovely day!!

Margaret said...

Love your finishes! That Good Huswife framed piece is just wonderful!

Bekca said...

I would love to spend a whole day finishing, I think I'll have to make that happen soon :) Lovely finishes, the cushions are adorable.
Best wishes.

Brenda said...

Such WONDERFUL finishes Cathy! Can you share what fabric you used for the backside of the LHN Hope one please???

Lelia said...

Hello - snow flurries here, too (brief)

Check your e-mail. I have received info on the workshop in Carmel, IN

Marie said...

I hope this weekend brings you sunshine and warm weather!

It is so nice when they are truly finished :) As always you did a beautiful job on all.

Karoline said...

Gorgeous finishing, they are all lovel