Monday, April 08, 2013

Stitchville Retreat - Part Two

One of the best parts of a retreat like this is getting to see all of the designer's projects on display.  The stitchers were invited to bring along any of the Chessie and Me pieces they had stitched; the shop had it's shop models on display, and Linda brought her trunk show along; particularly her newer pieces that had just been released at Nashville.  Nothing compares to seeing these designs in person!  I tried to take a lot of pictures so that you could experience the "show" too...



This is one of my favorite pieces of all; sorry, the photo is a bit blurry!



The patterns and supplies for these next two designs came home with me!  Love the sheep!




I've had this next one in my stash since it came out. Why don't I have it stitched yet?



Another one that has been in my stash for quite awhile....


Love the finishing on this design - wow!





These two pieces were my contributions to the show!


Of course, while I am running around taking pictures and visiting with others at the retreat, my tablemates are busy stitching!  Some things never change....


And, just in case I haven't shared enough eye candy with you, take a look at these finished pieces.


These are from Primitive Traditions - the Abigail Colby Workbasket and accompanying smalls.  We all like to bring our finished pieces to show and share with our friends!  These were done by a lovely stitcher who had come to the Stitchville retreat for the very first time.

Another prolific stitcher was in attendance and I regret not taking any pictures of her finishes, but you can hop on over to her blog anytime to see them.  The infamous Amy from Thread in Hand was there; it was good to see you again Amy!


(Amy - left, me - right)

Three of my tablemates (the other two were missing in action, a late night of stitching perhaps?)  Don't we all look happy after a weekend of stitching bliss?


My annual "photo with the designer" for my collection!


And last but not least, our hostesses, Deb C and Deb S, with Linda from Chessie and Me. These are the ladies that made this wonderful weekend possible!


Another Stitchville retreat is over.  What a fun weekend it was.  Let the countdown begin for next year's retreat!

14 comments:

Ranae said...

Fantastic part 2
My little eye spies lots of little pretties
Thanks for sharing

Diana said...

I enjoyed seeing all the models. Wish I had been there to see them in person. Thanks for taking the pictures.

BrendaS said...

Looks like you had a great time Cathy! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful stitching goodness with us:)

The Inspired Stitcher said...

Wow, love all the eye candy! You certainly had a great time. Retreats are the best! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

lots of stitching goodness, awesome photos :)

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Isn't it great fun and inspiration to see the models? Seeing all these great pieces on your blog makes me want to get busy stitching my Chessie and Me stash.

Thank you for sharing!

Ruth said...

Beautiful. Beautiful. Beautiful.

Thanks so much for sharing. For the record, I'd be with you -- wandering around and taking pics while my buddies stitched like good little beavers. Sigh. I guess it explains why I get so little done.

Margaret said...

Oh my goodness, what a treat! Thanks for taking the time to take pictures for all of us who couldn't attend!!!

Barb said...

There are so many wonderful designs. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Katrina said...

Too much fun!!!!! I am sorry I missed it :-).

57cards said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I had a great time hope to attend again next year

57cards said...

Thanks for the wonderful pictures. I had a great time hope to attend again next year

Karoline said...

What a wonderful weekend, thank you for shareing it with us

Bekca said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, thank you so much for sharing such lovely pictures. It really makes me want to finish things up when I see table of beautiful items :)
Best wishes.