Monday, January 18, 2021

My Heart Can Rest

One of my new year resolutions was to try to resurrect this blog by posting more often. Unfortunately, I started the new year with a bad case of bronchitis and I had all I could do to focus on recovering and did very little stitching much less blog posting. But I am on the mend now and am ready to turn this poor neglected blog around. Most of you follow me either on Facebook or Instagram and see these posts there, but I have several other followers who are not on social media who want to see updates here. The most important of those followers is the Mad Tatter and you all know we need to keep her happy!

Today’s post is going to be a piece I finished stitching last year. I had it framed late last year and never shared a post of it after I received it back from the framer.

My Heart Can Rest is a design from Blackbird Designs. This was one of the projects/kits we received at the Attic in November of 2019 (my last in person class with teachers before COVID.) I stitched it with the charted linen and floss. I decided to personalize it honoring my paternal grandmother.

This piece was framed by Total Framing. I wanted to try them out after hearing so many good things on Flosstube. They did not disappoint. The frame couldn’t be any more perfect.

I’ve got another framed finish to share tomorrow. Y’all come back now!

10 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Glad you are on the mend. The framed piece is beautiful so nice when design, fabric, fibers and framing all work together.

Ruth said...

I’m another one who delights in your blog but is not on social media. I don’t comment very often but just wanted you to know there are more of us out there who enjoy seeing your handiwork and reading your blog. Hope you are feeling much better by now. Take care!

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful frame molding. Glad that you were happy with their framing!

Robin in Virginia said...

And I meant to say I am glad you are on the mend.

C Reeder PhxAz said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Thanks for staying blogging. Love your posts.

marly said...

I did not know that was the name of this piece. Gorgeous stitch and very nice framing.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I'm glad you're on the mend! I'm very careful in the winter, because I've had bronchitis that lasted the whole winter. It was horrible! I much prefer blogs to Facebook or Instagram. Blogging seems to lend itself to more in depth conversations, more personal than quick likes on Facebook. However, Facebook does allow for a wider audience. For now, I'll do them both!

Marilyn said...

It's beautiful.
Glad you are feeling better
Marilyn

Barb said...

So glad to hear you are better. That frame is just beautiful with that stitched piece.

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful stitching a framing! Glad to hear you are feeling better!