Sunday, May 23, 2021

Hardanger Finish

After almost a year and a couple hundred hours of stitching, the Hardanger I have been working on is finished! These pieces will be used for the blouse of a Norwegian Bunad costume. (I’m not sewing the blouse, I only stitched the Hardanger inserts.)

In case you’re wondering what a Bunad is, here’s a picture of one. 

And here is my finished Hardanger. The cuffs for the blouse are on the left, the collar is on the right, and the placket in the middle is for the front of the blouse.

I’m feeling rather accomplished right now.

And tomorrow we return to cross stitch!

8 comments:

Margaret said...

Well done. You must feel proud to have completed this. It looks great.

Jane McLellan said...

Such beautiful work! My short foray into Hardanger makes me appreciate the work and skill that has gone into this.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

That's a lot of stitching! Beautiful work, something I've often thought of trying.

Marilyn said...

It's beautiful!
Marilyn

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

WOW A treasured heirloom

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done on your Hardanger finish, Cathy! What gorgeous pieces you have created!

Khristine Doiron said...

Wow!! So beautiful!

Annelein said...

I just love these old techniques... so lovely this will be turned into a shirt.