Sunday, June 27, 2021

Bristol Weekend - Day Two

Today was a full day that started with a wonderful lecture by Claudia Dutcher on Bristol Samplers. Learning about these orphans and the samplers they stitched was fascinating.

After lunch Maegan Jennett walked us through the basics of hemstitching and we had time to practice. Oftentimes the little girls stitching the Bristol Samplers hemstitched their linen before they began stitching. My hemstitching turned out pretty good.

Tonight was show and tell. Lots of talent in the room. I continued working on a perforated paper project.

A little bit more tomorrow and then all good things come to an end.

4 comments:

Madmom said...

So pleased to meet you in person Cathy. Thank you for sharing Hovej lace. Sherri

Robin in Virginia said...

Your perforated paper Bristol piece is looking good. Beautiful hem stitching!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Looks like great fun! While I would enjoy the classes and the stitching, I'm afraid I would dread all the traveling. I'm glad you do the traveling and share your adventures!

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful hemstitching!