Sunday, August 29, 2021

All Joys For Thine

Where has summer gone? I can’t believe that September 1st is just around the corner. We finally received some much needed rain this weekend. Praying for those affected by the wildfires and those in the path of Hurricane Ida.

I am closing out the month of August with a finish! I started this piece the day I learned of Barb Adams’ passing; it just felt appropriate to stitch something from Blackbird Designs. Barb designed and stitched the model for this piece.


All Joys For Thine from Blackbird Designs

I used the called for linen and threads. I chose to personalize with my maternal grandmother’s initials and birth year.

I also fully finished this small project that has been languishing in the finish pile since June! Earlier this year a couple stitching friends and I took this virtual class. It was a class from Isobel of The Primitive Hare. The class was great fun- conducted in both English and Italian, with participants from several countries.



Tudor Rose by the Primitive Hare

Tudor Rose is stitched on 30ct Primitive Hare linen with GAST fibers, 2 over 2. One of the colors was the very elusive Garden Gate. I had to rely on friends to find enough to finish the checkerboard on back.

I will leave you with a photo of my Lizzie. She was away for 2.5 weeks at obedience camp and is very happy to be home!



4 comments:

Robin in Virginia said...

Beautiful finishes, Cathy! I bet Lizzie is happy to be home.

LilacAustenFan said...

I love both the designs! Great stitching!

Marilyn said...

very pretty finishes.
Lizzie looks all tired out from class!
Marilyn

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful finishes! Lizzie looks tuckered out!