Sunday, August 15, 2021

Long Overdue Post

Summer is flying by, oh my. I can’t believe that August is half over! It’s been a long, hot summer here in Minnesota, so to be honest, I am looking forward to fall. I’m just not looking forward to what follows!

My stitching time has been spotty. In July, I found myself wanting to stitch something that had been designed by Barb Adams from Blackbird Designs. So, I started All Joys For Thine. I’ve made really good progress on it and could finish it by the end of the month if I stay on task.

Near the end of July, I also started France by Amy Mitten. I finished it last week. This chart is from her Around the World series. I’m going to try to finish a sampler every quarter. I have collected quite a few of these kits over the years.

When I was at the Attic in June, we learned how to hemstitch. I’ve attempted hemstitching before but it never really clicked until we practiced hemstitching at the Attic. On Friday night, I hemstitched the Vierlande sampler from Amy Mitten. I stitched this two or three years ago.

That’s it for today. I’m hoping for a stitchy week this week!

8 comments:

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching '
Yes the Summer as flew by.
Have a lovely week.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Hemstitching is something I've wanted to try with cross stitch pieces. I've done it with weaving, but I need to keep the instructions next to me and follow them step-by-step. Your pieces are beautiful as always!

Robin in Virginia said...

Lovely finishes you shared, Cathy! Your BBD piece is looking good.

kathiquilts said...

the hemstitching adds a lovely touch to your pieces!

kathiquilts said...

great progress on a complicated design -- and LOVE the hemstitching!

Khristine Doiron said...

Beautiful stitching! Your hemstitching looks great!

Barb said...

Love your samplers and the hemstitching. Been so long, not sure I'd remember without practice. Yes, fall is something to look forward to, but the after fall season....no!

Robin said...

I like your idea of a sampler every quarter but am afraid I would never be able to keep up. We too, on the east coast (New Jersey) are enduring this horrible heat and humidity. My yard is suffering because I can't be out in the heat to weed the beds. Your hem stitching looks beautiful. Happy stitching until we all find weather relief in the fall.