Monday, December 26, 2022

On the First Day of Christmas…

I hope that all who celebrate had a lovely Christmas. We spent the day with family, eating good food and holiday treats and just enjoying each other’s company.

On both Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning I had time for a little stitching and worked on Feliz Navidad by Blackbird Designs. The border is complete along with the words “Feliz Navidad” at the bottom. Now I just have several motifs left to stitch in that open space.

Today, my sister-in-law, my two nieces, and a friend of my mom’s gathered at the Mad Tatter’s house for an afternoon of tatting (or crocheting, or stitching). My nieces are both trying to learn tatting. 

My start for the First Day of Christmas is Whittaker by Stacy Nash. Whittaker will be a companion to Paisley (see my previous post). I’d like to get the outlining, eyes, nose, mouth, and buttons down the front finished tonight so that all that’s left are the filling stitches.

Tomorrow I plan to start another piece. In fact, I hope to start a new piece on each of the 12 days of Christmas. Let’s see if I can do it!

Hope you are warm and safe wherever you are. I’ll leave you with a Lizzie picture. She was soaking up the sunshine coming in our front window this morning!




4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like a fun time.
Hope your Christmas was wonderful.
Lizzie is always too cute!
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

Whittaker is looking good. I like your plan with stitching him. Lizzie looks so peaceful soaking up the sunshine. Enjoy these last few days in 2022, Cathy!

Robin said...

Whittaker is so cute. Beautiful work on Feliz Navidad. Happy Holidays

Khristine Doiron said...

Your mom must be thrilled that your nieces want to learn to tat! I bet that was a fun afternoon. Whittaker is going to be so sweet! And I love his name :)