Sunday, August 07, 2005

Productive Weekend!



It seems like the weekend just flew by! Saturday was a beautiful day on Green Lake. The temperature was in the 80's, the sun was shining - it couldn't have been more perfect. I love to sit on the screen porch and stitch while the kids are swimming or playing games.

I finished Stars and Stripes - it's been added to my ever-growing "to be framed" pile. I also finished the Autumn Scissors Keeper - of course, I have to do the finishing on it, but the stitching is done.



Since today was much warmer and humid, we came home early. I was able to do the finishing on another project I had completed earlier in the week. Next weekend we are visiting family in northern Minnesota. I like to stitch birth samplers for the new babies in our family. Bless the Baby by Lizzie Kate is quick and easy, and if you stitch it on linen banding you can turn it into a bell pull (eliminates the need for framing!)

One project I hope to work on this week is the Mystery Bell Pull in the recent issue of Needle Arts Magazine. Since the kids are heading north on Tuesday with Grandma, there will be lots of quiet time in the evening this week!

No comments: