Monday, March 27, 2006

March Madness!

Yes, I do think that is the best way to describe the month of March! Here in the U.S. we call it "madness" because there are so many college sporting finals - Men's and Women's Basketball Final Four, Men's and Women's Hockey Final Four, etc. In Minnesota all of the high school tournaments for winter sports are held in March too.

It has been a busy month with school and children's activities. Here it is the last week of March and I don't have much to show for myself in the way of stitching!

My sister-in-law, my daughter, and I took a road trip to Fargo, ND this past weekend. It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive from the Twin Cities. Yup, you guessed right - we went to the Nordic Needle. Spent nearly two hours looking at everything in their shop! Then we visited Theresa at Shakespeare's Peddler - we made arrangements to meet her at the shop (she will open her shop by appointment on Saturdays). Of course, we made a few purchases; okay, we made a lot of purchases. I'll share them with you as the week progresses.

This evening was spent packaging up two of my exchange projects - the Quarterly House Exchange (the Exchange Place board) and my Spring Exchange (SBEBB). They will be going in the mail tomorrow.

I think I mentioned that I am taking a class on Danish Pulled Thread - I have a picture to post but blogger is misbehaving again. I'll try to add it later.

In the meantime, have a great evening!

3 comments:

mainely stitching said...

March has been a hectic month in our family, too, for some reason.

I'm looking forward to seeing those pictures when you can post them. And to hearing about your purchases. I would really love to visit those two stores in person. I love the Nordic Needle newsletter and Shakespeare's Peddler has been an invaluable source of inspiration & tips.

Von said...

Two of my favorite places in one town! You must have had such a wonderful time. :D Glad you were able to get away for a weekend with the girls!

Cindy said...

Sounds like you had an awesome road trip! I have always wanted to visit both Nordic Needle and Shakespeare's Peddler...maybe someday.

Amid the "March Madness", there was a Minnesota team that emerged victorious...Winona State won the NCAA Div II championship last weekend. So cool to see my hometown team / alma mater playing on TV and win :)