Monday, July 12, 2021

Remembering Barb Adams (cont.)

My last class with Blackbird Designs was held at the Attic in Mesa, AZ in November, 2019. Little did any of us know that this  would be our last retreat before the pandemic. And it was the last time I would see Barb Adams. It was a great weekend, no painting or waxing, but wonderful projects all the same. I’ve finished all of them.

On Friday night, our project was this sweet sampler called “My Heart Can Rest.” When I stitched it, I dedicated it to my paternal grandmother.

On Saturday, we received the kits to make the top for this box (pattern can be found in the Sewing Club book. We also received the kit to make this stitched tomato; I finished mine into a drum.


This is the top of the tomato pincushion (the model).


My drum finish is in the back on the left.

And in the back, on the right in this photo.

Thanks for sticking with me over these last few posts. Such great memories. I’m grateful to have had so many opportunities to connect with Barb and Alma over the years. Barb will be truly missed.

5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Thanks for sharing your memories.

Marilyn said...

Thank you for all the great Blackbird posts.
Barb will truly be missed.
Marilyn

diamondc said...

Cathy: I did not know Barb had passed away, this makes me so very sad.
I have been having trouble with blogger so missed the post of her passing.
Thank-you for posting about her and what a wonderful Lady she and Alma are.
Nice designs, I am happy you were able to have a class with her in Spring Green.
That Sampler is beautiful as is the box design and the tomato bulb.
Nice drum finishing.
Have a lovely day.

Catherine

deb said...

Your posts have been a lovely tribute to Barb.

Khristine Doiron said...

Thank you so much for sharing. So many wonderful memories you have