Monday, January 02, 2023

2022 Finishing Extravaganza

My Stitching BFFs and I decided to go out in style. We spent the New Year’s weekend together and focused on finishing! It was a productive two days for all of us. Here’s a picture of our collective finishes.


I will share my finishes with you over the next few posts, but here are a few to start with.

These two ornaments have been stitched and finished into a pillow since 2020. All they needed was cording! Sad that it took two years to get the cording done.


This is the La D Da project from the Quilters Station retreat in September 2021. Lori had most of the finishing done for us, we just needed to stitch the front and finish putting it all together.


I think this might have been a make and take at Needlework Galleria, but Cathy did have them available on her website (Hands on Design) for awhile. The design is stitched on perforated paper. There’s a piece of wool felt in the middle and it’s backed with another piece of perforated paper. Sweet needlebook!


Enjoy. Will share more soon. Happy New Year!

7 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Sounds a really good idea to have a group finishing session.

butterfly said...

Beautiful stitching , Happy New Year.

Marilyn said...

They are all fabulous!
Marilyn

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Happy new year, Cathy! Is that you mom's tatting around the needle minder? Please wish her a happy new year for me!

Robin said...

Oh that sounds like a fun get together. Looking forward to seeing more of your fully finished items.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a wonderful assortment of finishes you and your friends created, Cathy! Your finishes are darling.

diamondc said...

Happy Blessed New Year Cathy: You have been busy on the finishing front, I am way behind, you have inspired me to get going on finishing.
I am looking forward to your next post.
I learned from you how to do perfect cording at one of the retreats in Chaska.

Have a wonderful week
Catherine