Monday, May 22, 2023

April Shenanigans - Part 1

April was a busy month. I usually like to update this blog with my travels, but I just didn’t have time.

My Partners in Crime and I headed down to the Kansas City area for the Quilter’s Station Cross Stitch Extravaganza. We really enjoy this retreat. It’s easy travel - straight shot south on I-35. Two days, four designers, and lots of familiar faces. Excellent shopping at Quilter’s Station. We didn’t make any extra stops this time, just traveled for the retreat.

I can’t remember the exact order of the designers anymore, so let’s just start with La D Da! Lori M never disappoints. Her project this time was a small pin pillow with the design taken from an antique sampler that she owns.


Each designer brings a trunk show with them. Here are some snapshots of Lori’s models.






I think we also heard from Vickie Jennett of Needlework Press that first day. She presented an interesting lecture on houses in samplers. Our project included a sampler with a red house! Of course, no project from Vickie is complete without a design for perforated paper.

The original is shown first followed by the reproduction.




Vickie had a lovely trunk show in display too.








Will tell you more about Day 2 tomorrow!


3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like gorgeous designs with great designers.
Marilyn

Robin in Virginia said...

What beautiful projects and trunk show pictures you shared, Cathy! I really like the perforated paper project.

diamondc said...

Hi Cathy: Great showing of samplers and other sweet items.

Catherine