Sunday, November 08, 2020

Amana, Iowa

I took a little excursion. It was nice to escape the day-to-day worries - work, Covid, the election - and pretend that things were a little bit normal. Why Amana?  The Midwest Cross Stitcher’s Retreat was held here this weekend.

I drove down on Thursday. It’s about a five hour drive. My partner in crime is in Florida so I traveled unsupervised which is never a good thing. My BFF, Judy, will be happy to know that I snatched one of the free Iowa transportation maps at a rest stop. It didn’t matter, I was so busy singing along with Neil Diamond that I missed my turn. To get myself back on track, I had to travel down five or six miles of dirt road in the middle of Iowa. There was just farmland all around me! Where there is a will, there’s a way (and it helps to have GPS too!) Never fear, I successfully made my way to Amana.

Got checked in at the retreat, checked in at my B&B and enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Ronnenburg Restaurant in Amana!


Friday was a shopping/stitching day. Our schedule was open to spend time in the stitching room or to explore the shops of Amana. I did some of both!

Our teacher this weekend was Theresa Venette and she designed a lovely project for us. I’ll include details in my next post!

Need to get to breakfast; heading home this morning.


6 comments:

kcmrugs@gmail.com said...

That sounds like a memory making getaway. I love the stitch piece.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Your stitching weekend sounds heavenly!! I love Teresa and would love to take a class from her one day. She has a really cool personality!

Barb said...

It was great that you had such a fun escape. We all need something like that about now. I bet Teresa was a fun teacher.

Susie said...

Absolutely wonderful

Robin in Virginia said...

Thanks for sharing some of the pictures from your weekend getaway, Cathy! It sounds like a wonderful way to spend a weekend.

Khristine Doiron said...

Oh lucky you! And what a nice retreat project! Can't wait to see yours stitched :)