Friday, January 05, 2024

Rescued Cross Stitch

I did not stitch this piece, I rescued it! It was abandoned in an empty cube at my office several years ago. No one knew where it came from or who had stitched it. It was destined for the garbage bin. I brought it home with me. It’s beautifully stitched. Someday I might take it out of the frame and stretch it properly, but for now, it’s just fine.


The puppers were all cuddled up together on the couch this morning after they returned from their walk!


Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Gabi said...

Oh my Gosh, into the garbage bin? What a sin. This cute Santa in his coat of many colors must be seen! Have fun with him!
Greetings, Gabi

Sandra said...

So lovely to have you blogging more often Cathy. The Santa picture is gorgeous, it must have taken whoever stitched it a long time. I think perhaps when you do take it out of the frame, a different colour might look better.

butterfly said...

Thank goodness you saved this stitching , it's lovely,cute puppies.

Robin in Virginia said...

What a beautiful Santa you rescued, Cathy! The pups are adorable.

Marilyn said...

It's a gorgeous piece, you wonder why someone left it!
The pups are too cute!
Marilyn

Donna G. said...

What a great find! I love “rescuing” handwork.

diamondc said...

Hi Cathy: I like this design; I have rescued started designs at retreat and finished them I like doing that.
Santa is adorable.
Your babies are so sweet looking, and it looks like they like to cuddle.

Catherine

Purple Pixie Dust said...

someone put allot of work and time into that stitching. did you try to find the owner. have a great day